Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Hiow long to get test result from Covid test at airport?

Old Sep 19, 20, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Hello

Anyone knows how long it takes to get the test result from the (free) covid test you take on arrival? Did the test around 6.30 pm yesterday. On the website it says 24 hours but I guess due to the weekend i will only get the result on Monday?
Old Sep 19, 20, 2:20 pm

Programs: LH Hon, UA GlobalServices, AA ConciergeKey
First time post after lurking for many years, but wanted to share my experience regarding the testing.

Already took the test 3 time, all in MUC. First time at 8am on Sunday morning, test results came back next day around 5pm, second time Monday morning, test result came back 2 days later around 2 pm (press in that week talked about a delays in getting test results), last time this week, arrived Monday at 8am, got test result next day around 4pm.

Hope this gives you an indication.
Old Sep 19, 20, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by MCObase View Post
First time post after lurking for many years, but wanted to share my experience regarding the testing.

Already took the test 3 time, all in MUC. First time at 8am on Sunday morning, test results came back next day around 5pm, second time Monday morning, test result came back 2 days later around 2 pm (press in that week talked about a delays in getting test results), last time this week, arrived Monday at 8am, got test result next day around 4pm.

Hope this gives you an indication.
Welcome and thanks for posting the info.
Old Sep 20, 20, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Just got the results at 9am. Negative result so that is a relief. It's amazing how Germany is providing these tests for free and en masse. Other countries could learn from it.
Old Sep 20, 20, 3:46 am

FRA

At FRA I can report from two tests done.
One I did at 6am just as the centre opened. This was a paid test and the cheaper slower service. Result was in by midday same day.
Second test was the free one on arrival. Test done around 1pm. Result was in by 10 am next day.
Old Sep 20, 20, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Thinksamuel View Post
Just got the results at 9am. Negative result so that is a relief. It's amazing how Germany is providing these tests for free and en masse. Other countries could learn from it.
The problem with testing en-masse is that until we get a better understanding of the false-positive rates, testing everyone means we could have 1% or more positive COVID tests forever, even if the disease went away. Testing travelers, people with compromised immune systems, people in positions where they contact crowds, and the sick, yes. Everyone? No.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: