Wiki Posts
Search

UA at FRA – Bad UA and Good UA Employees and Good Security Person Thank You's

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2020, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Not sure where to post this – so I will post this here for FRA and at the UA FF area as well.

Coming back to the US in mid-January 2020, I was trying to change the flight from FRA to the US. No checked bags. ?PZ class upgrade ticket (using Plus Points from FRA to the US). Due to a mess up, for which I am at fault, I selected flights with about an 8 hour layover at FRA by mistake. There was an earlier available with both fare class used and upgrade seats available. I did not notice this until just before my return trip began. I was told over the phone that the 1K desk could not change anything as 1 leg was on another star alliance partner (despite keeping that leg). So they said try at the airport of origin – where UA has no representation. No luck at point of origin. At the departure area for FRA US bound planes (UA and LH) the UA transfer desk was empty and the LH folks nearby said only UA could assist and that the lack of a UA person at the UA desk was not unusual. At the LH Lounge, they could not assist either. However, they suggested hiking down to the US departure gates and trying to find a UA agent to assist.

The UA folks I asked at multiple gates were utterly not helpful, to say the least.

I was told later on that most were new employees and were not empowered to assist (which begs the question – who is empowered?).

Odette Shahri, ICTS / Security Agent was the true hero here. She went well out of her way to assist me, when none of the UA folks helped me. Gold Star !!

She walked me down to the gate for another flight that was a few gates away from the others. She spoke to Mebs ?Ruck, a UA Supervisor, at Gate Z 13 for FRA DEN Flt 181.

Even though he was busy with the FRA DEN flight, with the kind words from Ms Shahri, he was able to get me on an earlier flight to my destination and in Polaris as well.

These 2 folks deserve Gold Stars. My apologies for not posting this sooner.

I would ask UA to place this note into the personnel files for both of these folks.

Would have been so much nicer if UA actually had other employees doing their job.

From NOLA with love.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 10:43 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

As you also posted in the UA forum, where this post seems to be a better fit, I close this thread.
Please follow the discussion in the UA Forum

FLYGVA
co-moderator Germany Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.