Search

Connecting via Frankfurt with a pet in-hold

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2020, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by sleepless9
IäI was pretty disappointed that FRA didn't have a pet relief area.
Your poor pet
Old May 15, 2020, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLouis
Glad it worked out, but just out of sheer curiosity: how long did the actual "transfer" take? I mean from landing in FRA, retrieving and checking-in the pet and, finally being through security for the TATL departure.
Deplaning was fast since there were less than 10 passengers on the inbound flight. At the luggage hall the wait for the belt to start was probably about 10 minutes. When I went to the oversized luggage area my dog was already there on the floor unattended.

Getting from the arrivals floor to departures was challenging with the luggage plus large dog crate. Obviously couldn't use the escalators and the lift doors were too narrow to fit the crate on the trolley. I had to get creative and take my dog out and tip the crate on its back.

The longest part was checking my dog back in. It took about an hour in total. LH is pretty meticulous about going through the entire procedures list to make sure all IATA requirements are met and then there was a long wait for security to arrive and examine the crate and another long wait for someone to take my pet away. It also took probably 25 minutes to pay for my pet as the luggage desk was experiencing problems with their payment terminal and sent me upstairs to the LH service desk which also had some issues processing payments.

Security took no time at all. I was literally the only passenger going through security at the time.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 2:36 pm

Anyone have any information on when this pet embargo will be lifted?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.