Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

1 hour connection at FRA

1 hour connection at FRA

Old Mar 4, 2020, 2:07 am

I've had connections at FRA that were scheduled at 1 hour become 20min due to delays and being bussed. And even though I had to go through security and passport control in that case I still made it...

Follow the signs, take advantage of fast track when having a short connection, don't tarry and short connections are doable.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by KayVeeBee
I've had connections at FRA that were scheduled at 1 hour become 20min due to delays and being bussed. And even though I had to go through security and passport control in that case I still made it...

Follow the signs, take advantage of fast track when having a short connection, don't tarry and short connections are doable.
I second this. Some people here appear to be afraid of Frankfurt. Frankfurt is a complex airport because it deals with complex situations (International clean and unclean, Schengen, EU, domestic). The US airports would just send you from one terminal to the other and force you to schlep your baggage and clear everything. Frankfurt tries to make it as comfortable as possible. The fact of the matter however is that Frankfurt deals with a high number of legally totally different transfers. Sometimes you need to clear only customs, sometimes only immigration, sometimes customs and immigration and sometimes nothing. And pax on an arriving plane might fall in all of these four categories. And you might come from a clean or from a not so clean origin. All different. If you just rund around blindly, you will have problems. If you follow strictly what is signposted, Frankfurt is very efficient. I go through Frankfurt almost every week and can confirm: It works.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 4:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I second this. Some people here appear to be afraid of Frankfurt. Frankfurt is a complex airport because it deals with complex situations (International clean and unclean, Schengen, EU, domestic). The US airports would just send you from one terminal to the other and force you to schlep your baggage and clear everything. Frankfurt tries to make it as comfortable as possible. The fact of the matter however is that Frankfurt deals with a high number of legally totally different transfers. Sometimes you need to clear only customs, sometimes only immigration, sometimes customs and immigration and sometimes nothing. And pax on an arriving plane might fall in all of these four categories. And you might come from a clean or from a not so clean origin. All different. If you just rund around blindly, you will have problems. If you follow strictly what is signposted, Frankfurt is very efficient. I go through Frankfurt almost every week and can confirm: It works.
Absolutely agree.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Absolutely agree.
+1

I fail to understand the constant whining of people about FRA. Just follow the signs - can it be more simple than that (and this is valid for every hub airport, at least in Europe and Asia)? Living in VIE, this is the airport I have transited through most and on multiple occasions I have made transfers of less than 30 min perfectly fine.
offerendum likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 4:37 pm

+2.

It‘s a big airport, so you‘re better walk fast but I never missed a connex at FRA (unlike AMS or CDG). Just follow the signs...

my record is an 18 minute connection from B10 to Z 62. Bags made it too...
Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Continental
I made my connection with no problem thanks to the FT help. Luckily we arrived early and the bus didn't take too long.
offerendum and FLYGVA like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.