Reload this Page >

Scheduling a meeting during a layover in FRA

Old Dec 3, 19, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA

I have the following trip:

DFW->FRA on AA 70 (arriving to T2 at 8:30)
FRA->KZN on SU 705 (leaving T2 at 13:55)

These are booked on two separate tickets. I will not have any checked luggage. The DFW-FRA fare is J, so I should be able to exit the plan quickly. FRA->KZN is in economy.

A group from my company's Frankfurt office wants to meet with me between the flights, and suggested using one of the conference rooms at the FRA Hilton.

Is it feasible to schedule a two-hour meeting at FRA Hilton in these circumstances? If so, when would be a "safe" two-hour window?

I've only flown into FRA from USA and out of FRA to USA before, but never connected into Russia or anywhere else.
Old Dec 28, 19, 3:16 am

Programs: M&M FTL; BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by CrazyTexansFan View Post
I have the following trip:

DFW->FRA on AA 70 (arriving to T2 at 8:30)
FRA->KZN on SU 705 (leaving T2 at 13:55)

These are booked on two separate tickets. I will not have any checked luggage. The DFW-FRA fare is J, so I should be able to exit the plan quickly. FRA->KZN is in economy.

A group from my company's Frankfurt office wants to meet with me between the flights, and suggested using one of the conference rooms at the FRA Hilton.

Is it feasible to schedule a two-hour meeting at FRA Hilton in these circumstances? If so, when would be a "safe" two-hour window?

I've only flown into FRA from USA and out of FRA to USA before, but never connected into Russia or anywhere else.

You have almost 4.5 hours so you should have plenty of time. And besides, I would assume that you could leave the meeting early if required as your colleagues would not deliberately make you miss a flight!

I assume you mean the Hilton at the airport, which is located in "THE SQUAIRE" which is above the "Fernbahnhof" (long distance rail station). So then the quickest way is to take the Skyline from T2 -> T1 and follow signs to the Fernbahnhof and then look for the hotel signs. This should take you 15mins without rushing.

It might be an idea to convince your colleagues to have a working lunch as well. There are plenty of restaurants in the Squaire, or the airport. So then you get a decent lunch and can still talk business.

Note that in T2 for the Non-Schengen gates in the D area (which is your onward flight) that security is just before the gate after passport control & shopping/restaurants. So give yourself time to get through as it can often be slow.
Old Dec 29, 19, 3:34 am

The easiest way to the Hilton is using the shuttle bus to the long-distance train station. There are two distinct shuttle bus lines. You'll want to take the one with the train pictograms. Both shuttle buses leave directly on the curb outside arrivals. The signs say something like "shuttle" and "free terminal transfer" (don't remember the exact wording).

Note there are some hotels in the Gateway Gardens area which are just as convenient from T2 as the Hilton. (However, you'd have to take a bus to Gateway Gardens which is for-pay. It costs less than EUR 5 round-trip. It's also feasible to walk or to take a taxi on the way back, but taxi drivers are probably gonna be outraged if you request a ride from T2 to Gateway Gardens.)

Just mentioning the other hotels in case your main hotel program is Hyatt (there's a Hyatt Place in Gateway Gardens), IHG (Holiday Inn), or Marriott (Moxy). There's also a Hampton in Gateway Gardens and a Marriott/Sheraton directly connected to T1.

I'd schedule the meeting from 10am to noon.

Last edited by R.O.; Dec 30, 19 at 12:44 am Reason: i guess the courtesy shuttles from the hotels in Gateway Gardens are another option

Search this Thread
Search Engine: