FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Germany (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germany-626/)
-   -   Flight Connection in Dusseldorf (first time) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germany/1991166-flight-connection-dusseldorf-first-time.html)

malicious 50 Oct 13, 2019 3:12 pm

Flight Connection in Dusseldorf (first time)

Hello to everyone!

On 1st November I will have my first connection (ever) in Dusseldorf airport, and for this reason I am feeling a bit stressed about it. I would like to ask for some information.
I will travel with a cabin luggage that I will take on board, since I have a priority. My flights will be with Eurowings, single ticket.

9:15 Milan Malpensa -> 10:50 Dusseldorf
60mins layover
11:50 Dusseldorf -> 13:40 Krakow

From what I have read, 60 mins seems a nice time buffer for a transfer in Dusseldorf - if I got it right, there is a tunnel connecting all three terminals. I would like to have additional information of how it would work. It is my first transfer. When I get off the plane/bus, would there be signs for transferring?

First flight usually arrives in terminal A or B, while the second one seems to depart from terminal A. Since I flight from Schengen to Schengen and with a cabin bag, I guess I won't have any checks and I can go directly to the next gate, correct? Or am I missing something?

Sorry for my stupid (maybe) questions, I would love to be sure.
Thank you guys!

seawolf Oct 15, 2019 6:45 am

It’s not a tunnel. It’s an enclosed elevated walkway. If you arrive at a bus gate, ask the driver how to get upstairs to the gates as the bus dumps you at arrivals/baggage claim which is landslide.

malicious 50 Oct 15, 2019 9:55 am

Originally Posted by seawolf (Post 31630092)
It’s not a tunnel. It’s an enclosed elevated walkway. If you arrive at a bus gate, ask the driver how to get upstairs to the gates as the bus dumps you at arrivals/baggage claim which is landslide.

Yes, sorry, I meant an airside covered passage, I wasn't precise.
I understand, I guess there aren't stairs/elevator to reach gates if you arrive to a bus gate then? Anyways, if it will happen, I will surely ask.
Thank you!

seawolf Oct 15, 2019 10:45 am

I don’t connect in DUS so I don’t know how to stay airside after arriving at bus gate.

offerendum Oct 15, 2019 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf (Post 31631002)
I don’t connect in DUS so I don’t know how to stay airside after arriving at bus gate.

If I'm right also bus-gates drop you off airside.

FLYGVA Oct 17, 2019 9:53 pm

If you have a bus gate, there are stairs. If the bus drops you at the terminal, do not follow the most other passengers but take the stairs on the (usually) left hand side. Otherwise ask the bus driver for transfer or connecting flights.

If your inound flight to DUS is delayed and you should miss your connection, you are covered by the airline. But even with a delay, 60 minutes should be fine.