Berlin stations luggage lockers

Old Sep 18, 19, 8:59 am
:D!
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver

I have a small hand luggage that I need to store for about 5 hours. I would prefer to use simple coin-operated lockers (and definitely not the silly moving box system in Köln Hbf).

I will have a day ticket so could store it in any station. I have heard the lockers in Berlin Hbf are difficult to find and far from the platforms. Does anyone have an opinion on which station has lockers which are easy to access from the entrances/platforms, unlikely to be all occupied and perhaps cheaper than other stations?

The most convenient stations for my travel will probably be Gesundbrunnen, Ostkreuz, Lichtenberg and Hbf.
Old Sep 19, 19, 1:49 am

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, ICH Plat, HH Silver, DB BahnComfort
According to the DB Website, there are indeed lockers in Gesundbrunnen. I expect that is true, because many major trains begin and end there. The website also shows lockers in Berlin-Lichtenberg, but the map of the station doesn't show where they are located. So that's a question mark. Berlin-Ostkreuz does not have lockers. And yes, there are some in the main station (Hauptbahnhof), and yes, they are hard to find. There are signs, however, which show a suitcase inside of a box (sort of).

Good luck!
Old Sep 22, 19, 11:11 am

Programs: DL GM/KM
I don't remember the Hbf lockers being all that hard to find, but it helps to know where to look. They are on level +1 (between the street level and the S-bahn platforms), on the east side of the atrium, near the escalators to platforms 13/14.
bitterproffit likes this.
Old Sep 23, 19, 11:58 am

Programs: LH FTL
Alexanderplatz and Zoologischer Garten stations also definitely have coin operated lockers and are much closer from Hauptbahnhof than Ostbahnhof, Ostkreuz or even Lichtenberg.

Search this Thread