Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Fussen recommendations for Hotels/AirBNb

Old Mar 15, 19, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Gold, United Silver, Marriott Plat Prem.,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Plat

We were going to do a day trip from Munich or Salzburg but with a couple extra nights in early June to work with decided to stay near Neuschwantstein Castle to visit it and the others in the area. Fussen seems like the best option.

Want to be in town to walk places in town but will have a car. Options for lodging, looking for more luxury that deals but don't want to spend $500 a night plus either. Might be interested in womd good Airbnb etc options that are nice as well but ideally a hotel. Fussen seems very nice and would be fun to stay there but another town pretty close by that has good lodging and is a good town for restaurants etc. would also be considered

Pretty much spending the day between the two nights at the castles, so a nice comfortable place to stay, good restaurants for both nights and parking that's reasonable are the requirements.
Old Mar 16, 19, 9:33 am

Programs: TG Gold
Not luxury, but close by

Schloss Zu Hopferau Schloßstraße 11, 87659 Hopferau, Germany +49 8364 984890
https://maps.app.goo.gl/RWdXo
Old Mar 17, 19, 1:15 am

I’ve stayed at the Hotel Müller and it is VERY convenient to the castles. Really nice hotel.

https://www.hotel-mueller.de/en/
Old Mar 25, 19, 11:20 am

Programs: DL DM MM - IHG Spire
I was very pleased with Hotel Schlosskrone. It is super convenient to the station.

FYI, when I was in Fussen, there were large lockers at the train station, very helpful if you need to check out of the hotel before you get back from the castles.

Search this Thread