Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

ICE Train Frankfurt to Cologne, book by phone only?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ICE Train Frankfurt to Cologne, book by phone only?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It's one stop to Hbf from the Messe. If you are going on to a hotel, you may as well get a taxi from Messe.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by LondonElite
It's one stop to Hbf from the Messe. If you are going on to a hotel, you may as well get a taxi from Messe.
We're not going to a hotel. We'll just be in Cologne for a couple of hours. I was planning to keep our luggages in the lockers in Cologne Station.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fransknorge
It is easy to transfer there, the ICE line is on the ground floor while the S-Bahn line is elevated, there is a flight of stairs to take. If I remember well there is also a lift.
I sure hope there is a lift. The missus surely won't be of any help carrying the luggages up the stairs.

Btw, is 10min enough to get from ICE platform to the S-Bahn platform?

Last edited by boybi; Feb 22, 2019 at 3:13 am
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:16 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Yes it is
boybi likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

InterCityExpress XXX, Frankfurt(Main)Hbf (ab hh:mm) - Köln Messe/Deutz, 1. Kl., 2 Sitzplätze, Wagen 28, Plätze 53 55

Am I correct that we're seated in seat numbers 53 & 55, coach number 28? Are we seated together?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Yes, correct.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by boybi
InterCityExpress XXX, Frankfurt(Main)Hbf (ab hh:mm) - Köln Messe/Deutz, 1. Kl., 2 Sitzplätze, Wagen 28, Plätze 53 55

Am I correct that we're seated in seat numbers 53 & 55, coach number 28? Are we seated together?
Seatmap attached - the first diagram on the left is the seatmap of your coach.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Wagenskizzen_2010_v2-11.pdf (125.1 KB, 31 views)
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by LondonElite
It's the same station (bad coding). Just select Hbf, which means main train station. The word Main, incidentally, refers to the river that Frankfurt is located on.
no, it’s not one is the central station, one is all stations (which includes direct trains stopping at - Sued only. But the advice was right. Use HBF
Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by boybi
Looks like there are no more seats for a direct train from Frankfurt to Koln Hbf. All options will need a train change at Koln Messe/Deutz. I will just have a few hours stopover in Cologne, and then onwards to Amsterdam.

How easy is it to make the transfer at Koln Messe/Deutz station for 2 passengers with 2-3 luggages? What should be the minimum connecting time to allot for the transfer?
There is something weird going on here. All seats gone a week in advance just does not happen in Germany.
Since you’re going to Amsterdam you’re probably better off just getting a Frankfurt - Amsterdam flexible ticket without reservation. This you could even get just minutes before departure. Then just hop on next train to Köln, get off, visit cathedral, and get on the next train to Amsterdam.

Old Apr 13, 2019, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by KayVeeBee
There is something weird going on here. All seats gone a week in advance just does not happen in Germany.
Since you’re going to Amsterdam you’re probably better off just getting a Frankfurt - Amsterdam flexible ticket without reservation. This you could even get just minutes before departure. Then just hop on next train to Köln, get off, visit cathedral, and get on the next train to Amsterdam.
This can also be done with inflexible tickets to keep the ticket cost down, but the ticket will then only be valid on the booked train. Start here:

This will force a minimum connection of three hours in Cologne. The ticket rules allow you to book with a connection time of up to 48 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.