Summer rental in Germany?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2018, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AS, UA, AA, TWA, PAN AM, PSA

I recently retired and I'm thinking about spending the summer in Germany next year. I'm open to the city. I've lived in Berlin, Heidelberg, and Bonn in the past and would consider any of these cities as well as Cologne, Munich and Mainz. Will be looking for a two to three month rental hopefully under $1,800 per month. I've done some searching on Google Maps for "Monthly Furnished Apartments" and there seems to be quite a bit in my price range. I'm wondering if I should look at student housing around Universities as they will probably be empty in the summer. Anyone have experience with short term rentals in the summer in Germany or student housing?
Old Dec 15, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Don't forget the 90 in 180 day rule. Since there are no classes during the summer, many student housing operations are closed during the summer.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Uh Clem
would consider any of these cities as well as Cologne, Munich and Mainz. Will be looking for a two to three month rental hopefully under $1,800 per month.
In Munich you can take a look at a company called Mr Lodge. They are not cheap but that's a healthy budget that will get you a fully furnished one bedroom in the most desirable parts of town.

You'd definitely find students willing to rent out their rooms for the summer, but something tells me if you're ready to spend that kind of money you're over the student experience at any rate try wg-gesucht or one of the numerous Facebook groups. If someone asks for money before showing you the apartment, it's a scam.
offerendum likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA/Hawaiian/Marriott
airbnb works as well.

I had a few friends come visit me but didn't want to bother with staying and went that route...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.