Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

FRA walking from T2 to T1

Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, TK, DL, IHG Diamond, HHonours Gold, Hertz Presidents Club

Can you walk landside from the two terminal with ease?

I have used the bus and the sky tram but by the time you go up to the tram or wait for the Chinese to get there luggage on the bus you might walk it quicker.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
Yes, you can. But there are definitely nicer places to walk. Try Google Maps to show you the way. According to them it's a 1.5km walk.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by Leaping_Deere
Can you walk landside from the two terminal with ease?.
Yes you can walk but not with ease. Bus and Skytrain are still faster.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingfkb
Yes you can walk but not with ease. Bus and Skytrain are still faster.
I suspect that might be the case but thanks for confirming.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:23 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
There are works ongoing currently, which might make the walk harder as the curbs will not be accessible.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:07 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
It's def less than 1.5 km (more like 1 km from outside T1B/T1C arrivals). Also, there is a usable sidewalk throughout (at least there was last week).

The bus or people mover might be slightly faster, but it's fine to walk if you don't have to carry a lot of luggage. Get a bit of fresh air for a few minutes.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
Walking might be difficult for the unitiated, since the route is a bit convoluted.
Inter-terminal bus or Skytrain is definitely quicker.
The former does tend to get very full and I concur with your comments about lots of PAX with ridiculous amounts of luggage struggling to get on!
There is also a public bus route #61 which goes from the far end of T2 arrivals level every 15 mins - it is nothing like as crowded and basically follows the same route as the inter-terminal bus - in theory you would need to purchase a ticket for this.
When transferring T2 to T1 at FRA, it really depends on what your intentions are - if you want to catch the S-Bahn, regional or express train, then use the bus, but if you are transferring to another flight then use the Skytrain, which will keep you on the airport side of the complex rather than the rail/road side.
And if you are HBO and are transferring to a Schengen-internal Lufthansa flight departing Termial 1A and you already have a boarding card,then stay on the Skytrain at Terminal 1B until Terminal 1A (final stop) where security is a breeze!
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlienInTheFatherland
Walking might be difficult for the unitiated, since the route is a bit convoluted.
Inter-terminal bus or Skytrain is definitely quicker.
The former does tend to get very full and I concur with your comments about lots of PAX with ridiculous amounts of luggage struggling to get on!
There is also a public bus route #61 which goes from the far end of T2 arrivals level every 15 mins - it is nothing like as crowded and basically follows the same route as the inter-terminal bus - in theory you would need to purchase a ticket for this.
When transferring T2 to T1 at FRA, it really depends on what your intentions are - if you want to catch the S-Bahn, regional or express train, then use the bus, but if you are transferring to another flight then use the Skytrain, which will keep you on the airport side of the complex rather than the rail/road side.
And if you are HBO and are transferring to a Schengen-internal Lufthansa flight departing Termial 1A and you already have a boarding card,then stay on the Skytrain at Terminal 1B until Terminal 1A (final stop) where security is a breeze!
I'm heading to the Messe so its the train to Hbf. I'll decide on the morning which mode to use

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.