FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Germany (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germany-626/)
-   -   Access to shower and short nap facilities in MUC (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germany/1924435-access-shower-short-nap-facilities-muc.html)

CoffeBeans Aug 9, 2018 11:09 pm

Access to shower and short nap facilities in MUC

Hello,

If I arrive on an international flight into Terminal 1 as my final stop (i.e. no onward connecting flight) in the morning (0700), and want to take a shower and a short nap in the airport, what are the options available ? From MUC website, I see that I can access paid shower facility at the MAC, but not sure if I can access the Nab Cabs (behind security) in Terminal 2 as I will not have have a boarding pass to go thru security. If Nab Cabs are not accessible, are there any nearby hotels that will allow early check in ?

Thanks

oliver2002 Aug 10, 2018 1:51 am

You can go to the Hilton and book a day room, or book a 2h spa or shower pass: Spa Munich Airport

No access to napcabs from outside.

CoffeBeans Aug 11, 2018 11:25 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 30067227)
You can go to the Hilton and book a day room, or book a 2h spa or shower pass: Spa Munich Airport

No access to napcabs from outside.

Thanks for the very helpful tip. The day room will be like a regular over night stay room with in room shower/bed, correct ? I can't find the day room on Hilton website, only traditional overnight stay (not what I want/need). Is this off-menu item for their elite guests and/or need to call them directly in order to book ?

Their spa price list has 2-hr spa 22€, day-spa 35€, shower 12€, admission 40€, separate spa treatment fee. Do you know if a 2-hr visit cost = 2-hr spa 22€ + shower 12€ + admission 40€ + separate spa treatment fee ?

Thanks for your help again.

oliver2002 Aug 12, 2018 1:16 am

The day room is for 4-5hours and costs about 60-80€. You have to call in.

The spa entry memberships etc is for those who want to train there. The casual visit just costs the amount listed. No add ons.

LondonElite Aug 14, 2018 2:25 am

Most good airport hotels allow you to book a room for several hours a day, rather than overnight, for a reduced rate. You almost always have to call in to request this.

xichang08 Aug 16, 2018 7:21 am

Originally Posted by CoffeBeans (Post 30071777)
Thanks for the very helpful tip. The day room will be like a regular over night stay room with in room shower/bed, correct ? I can't find the day room on Hilton website, only traditional overnight stay (not what I want/need). Is this off-menu item for their elite guests and/or need to call them directly in order to book ?

Their spa price list has 2-hr . spa 22€, day-spa 35€, shower 12€, admission 40€, separate spa treatment fee. Do you know if a 2-hr visit cost = 2-hr spa 22€ + shower 12€ + admission 40€ + separate spa treatment fee ?

Thanks for your help again.

On the Hilton website put the same date in the arrival and departure fields. This will bring up the Day Use rate and you can see the rates from there.

MUC airport Hilton is showing starting Day Use rates at 89 Euro.

FLYGVA Aug 17, 2018 12:04 am

My experience is that it might be cheaper if you walk to the hotel and ask at check in insteaed booking it in advance ... but it is a ymmv thing