Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

DB / ICE: Need to cancel seat reservation?

DB / ICE: Need to cancel seat reservation?

Old Jul 21, 18, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1mm; SPG Gold
Question DB / ICE: Need to cancel seat reservation?

Greetings FTers,

I made a change to a ticket I purchased on ICE, and while the original ticket itself is showing as canceled, I can't seem to find any way to cancel the seat reservation (it was a 1st Class ticket so I did not pay anything for the seat reservation.) Is this something to be concerned about, either from the standpoint of a penalty for not canceling the seat reservation, as well as simply not wanting to be a jerk and "occupying" a seat which I no longer need?

Many thanks in advance,
Lewis
Old Jul 22, 18, 12:06 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
If you cancel a ticket, the seat reservation automatically cancels as well - no worries.
Check DB's info on canceling / changing seat reservations, and follow the link to change them:
https://www.bahn.com/en/view/booking-information/booking/exchanges-refunds.shtml?dbkanal_007=L04_S02_D002_KIN0059_FOO TER-BUCHUNGSINFORMATION-UMTAUSCH-ERSTATTUNG_LZ01
seawolf and LewDog like this.
Old Jul 26, 18, 1:11 pm

Programs: LH FTL
And even if it was not cancelled automatically, no need to worry. Seats with a reservation that are not occupied 10 or 15 minutes after departure from the respective station will be released to other passengers. But 1st class is only very rarely really full that one seat would make a difference.
Old Jul 28, 18, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
Normally seat reservations will just cancel when the ticket is cancelled.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: