Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Dusseldorf airport - time to "connect"

Old Jul 6, 18, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(

I'm contemplating booking BA into DUS, arriving at 09.55 on a Sunday morning. Terminal B I believe. Then departing on SQ at 11.55 (business/reward ticket). Terminal A I believe. Separate tickets, with luggage. Doable or bad idea?
Old Jul 6, 18, 5:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
You understand you are not connecting.
You have two separate itineraries and if your inbound is delayed, I trust you have a back-up plan as SQ will regard you a no-show and cancel your ticket?
BA will not interline your bag(s) to SQ on separate tickets.
So you will have to exit and collect your bag(s) and go check-in with SQ.
If the stars align, it's doable. But I would want to leave more time.
Connection in DUS [merged DUS Q&A thread]
LondonElite likes this.
Old Jul 7, 18, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Thanks for replying. Yes, I knew the risks but wasn't sure if Dusseldorf was the sort of airport, late arriving planes excepted, that this would be doable. I made other plans in the end. Which is probably just as well as I've just had this email from SQ -
" Dear Sir/Madam,
In view of anticipated security and immigration congestion at Dusseldorf Airport for SQ337 scheduled to depart on 08 Jul 2018, 11:55, please check-in early and clear security and immigration immediately.
Check-in counters will open at 08:55.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Yours sincerely,
Singapore Airlines ".
Old Jul 8, 18, 4:25 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by louie-m View Post
I'm contemplating booking BA into DUS, arriving at 09.55 on a Sunday morning. Terminal B I believe. Then departing on SQ at 11.55 (business/reward ticket). Terminal A I believe. Separate tickets, with luggage. Doable or bad idea?
Normally I wouldn´t be afraid.
Old Jul 10, 18, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH SEN, AB PLAT, BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, SPG Lifetime Platinum, IHG RA, Hyatt Globalist
If you flight is in time and sit in front of the plane, you will arrive at or around B35 at 9.55, have cleared immigration at 10.00 and have collected you luggage from carousel 14 or so at 10.15, take the elevator up and arrive at the SQ desk at 10.20. If you plane is not in time, add the relevant delay to this schedule. Having said this, I do take the early morning flight from LHR quite frequently and it appears to be notoriously on time. Regarding security: They now show the waiting times for each pier. If security at A is slow, you can go through B, too, and walk airside to A. This does not make a big difference, it is all in the range of a few minutes. Düsseldorf is one of the easiest bigger airports in Germany to navigate. You could consider the LCY flight, which is scheduled to arrive 10 minutes earlier, but to my recollection the plane for this flight already comes from DUS in the morning....
Old Jul 16, 18, 4:49 pm
Suspended

Well, at the time I would be quite stressed, but taken into account that this is DUS airport, i think it's very doable.
Old Jul 17, 18, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
It is doable, but a cancelled flight (pilot gets stuck on M25, something wrong with the left phalange, thunderstorms, etc) means you either won't be going to Singapore, or your credit card is going to take a beating. Plan accordingly!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: