Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

FRA - permitted to enter A concourse when departure from B?

Old Apr 18, 18, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Will be accompanying a colleague flying from T1 A. My flight will be from B through passport control. Would like to enter A, guest my colleague into the lounge, then proceed to B later. Will security allow me into A with a boarding pass for a B flight, and then will LH allow me to enter the A concourse lounges with that boarding pass? There have been occasions in the past when LH have redirected me to different lounges at FRA closer to my gate, so just wondering on the likelihood. *G, FWIW
Old Apr 18, 18, 5:06 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Platinum
Shouldn't be a problem. The only thing that could happen is what you just said that the lounge staff will try to send you to another lounge. They do this when the lounge is already quite full. Just remember to plan enough time to go through passport control. Depending on time of the day there can be longer queues, especially around the time all US flights depart.
Old Apr 18, 18, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingfkb View Post
Shouldn't be a problem. The only thing that could happen is what you just said that the lounge staff will try to send you to another lounge. They do this when the lounge is already quite full. Just remember to plan enough time to go through passport control. Depending on time of the day there can be longer queues, especially around the time all US flights depart.
Thanks, will give it a go.
Old Apr 18, 18, 9:25 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
If asked when entering A departure area, just tell them you want to go to a lounge in A.

From A to B, the best way is to walk through the tunnel (go down the elevator near gate A15) and go through passport control at the end. There is usually no wait and no need to re-clear security.
Old Apr 18, 18, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
Agreed. Tunnel is the way to go.
Old Apr 25, 18, 4:03 am

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
If security ask why you want to go there just tell them you left your bags in the lounge.
Old Apr 25, 18, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
Originally Posted by Palal View Post
If security ask why you want to go there just tell them you left your bags in the lounge.
Why get involved in a complicated and unnecessary lie? What if they ask you when you were there, and what boarding pass you used? What if they decide the left bag might pose a security risk. Not a smart idea in my opinion.
Old Apr 25, 18, 5:43 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Palal View Post
Telling security you want to go to a lounge to meet a friend/colleague should be enough.

Search this Thread