Reload this Page >

Cheap transfer from Berlin Tegel

Old Mar 31, 18, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club, Ex BAEC

Hello,

I am arriving into Berlin late and as much as I love to use public transport, I want to get to my hotel in Alexanderplatz as soon as possible. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for good value transfers or pre-booked taxi companies in Berlin?
Old Mar 31, 18, 3:28 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by acerockstar View Post
Hello,

I am arriving into Berlin late and as much as I love to use public transport, I want to get to my hotel in Alexanderplatz as soon as possible. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for good value transfers or pre-booked taxi companies in Berlin?
I donít see need to pre-book a taxi, you can easily catch one at the airport. Tax should be around 30Ä. Donít think you get it much cheaper.
Old Mar 31, 18, 5:31 pm

The TXL bus is best, takes half an hour and costs only 2 Euros 80.
Antonio8069 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 18, 7:27 am
Hilton 5+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: OW Ruby (BA), *A Gold (A3), Le Club Accor Silver, HHonor Gold
Honestly if there is no wait for a TXL bus when you arrive, this will be nearly as quick as a taxi and significantly cheaper. There would be no need to pre-order a taxi, there is always taxis available.
linglingfool likes this.
Old Apr 2, 18, 2:12 am

Programs: M&S, Radisson
+2 take the bus.

Even in the late evening, it runs every 5 min or so and it merely takes 30 min to get to Alexanderplatz. You can use an app such as Citymapper if you need directions on where to walk and where to transfer.

You can buy a ticket just outside the terminal at one of those yellowish vending machines. They accept contactless credit cards.
linglingfool likes this.
Old Apr 3, 18, 9:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, AB PLAT, BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, SPG Lifetime Platinum, IHG RA, Hyatt Globalist
Taxi might safe you 10 minutes but will cost you 25 EUR more. Your choice, The TXL bus terminates in Alexanderplatz
Old Apr 4, 18, 9:30 am

10 minutes out of 30..is 33%..so taxi would represent a not insignificant time saving. If you have luggage of any significance, that's another pro of the taxi. I guess it as per usual depends on how much one values convenience over savings or vice versa.
Old Apr 7, 18, 11:08 pm
DTS

Programs: LH FTL, AS MVP, IHG Plat
From Tegel, the bus would be my choice as well.
Old Apr 9, 18, 11:22 pm

Programs: LH SEN, AB PLAT, BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, SPG Lifetime Platinum, IHG RA, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Ber2dca View Post
10 minutes out of 30..is 33%..so taxi would represent a not insignificant time saving. If you have luggage of any significance, that's another pro of the taxi. I guess it as per usual depends on how much one values convenience over savings or vice versa.
earning 25 Euro in 10 minutes would even be tempting for me. And the bus is not less convenient than a taxi.
Old May 24, 18, 12:00 pm

Programs: M&M, A3*G, Flying Blue, HHonors
I also recommend the bus. In the end it's your choice of course.
Old Jul 12, 18, 2:58 pm

I'll be going to Berlin in September - does the weekly S- and U-bahn card work for the X9 bus, and if so, can I buy one at the airport on my way out?

The conference I'm going to is near Bahnhof Zoo, so the express bus seems like the way to go, and I figured I would just get a Wochenkarte to get around the city for the week.
Old Jul 12, 18, 3:18 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by chrisl137 View Post
I'll be going to Berlin in September - does the weekly S- and U-bahn card work for the X9 bus, and if so, can I buy one at the airport on my way out?

The conference I'm going to is near Bahnhof Zoo, so the express bus seems like the way to go, and I figured I would just get a Wochenkarte to get around the city for the week.
There are machines out by where the busses go to buy daily and multi day passes.

My experience in June, I got there and the bus was approaching. A transit officer had me pay her for the bus (2.80 Euros) and I got on the bus for Zoologischer Garten (I took the 109 ). I checked into my nearby hotel.

Later, I was able to go to a much calmer place in the Zoo S bahn station and buy my 3 day pass. It was good for all S bahn, Ubahn, Trams, and busses within the zones I picked.

So, you can buy the multi-day pass at the airport, but there is sometimes a line inside, and it was a little chaotic outside. It will work for all transit (bus, Ubahn, Sbahn, Trams). Just validate it and hold on to it.
Old Jul 12, 18, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by bitterproffit View Post
So, you can buy the multi-day pass at the airport, but there is sometimes a line inside, and it was a little chaotic outside. It will work for all transit (bus, Ubahn, Sbahn, Trams). Just validate it and hold on to it.
Awesome! Thanks! I'll go based on how the lines are then, since I'll have just flown from LA and probably want to get to the hotel pretty quickly.
Old Jul 15, 18, 12:03 pm

Programs: Spire RA, SPG Platinum, FB Ultimate, LH FQTV, Ctrip Diamond VIP.
You can buy your day ticket and tourist tickets also with the BVG app. So no worries or lines at TXL.
Old Jul 17, 18, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
The BVG app is very good!

Search this Thread