Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass in Fra - Terminal 1 or Terminal 2

Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

I have a 4 hour layover in Frankfurt coming up and have priority pass and will probably kill the time by visiting a lounge. My flight arrives in Terminal 1 and my connecting flight also departs out of Terminal 1 (non Schengen). If I visit the terminal 1 PP lounge I have to go through customs and then go through security as it is landside. I believe I don't have to do that if I visit the PP lounge in Terminal 2 as it is airside.. Would you guys recommend visiting the PP lounge in Terminal 2 to avoid doing all of that or would staying in T1 PP lounge be easier given I have to leave and then re-enter. Thanks for your advice.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
I'm not quite sure if you need to pass security on your way to the T2 lounges. But I'm positive you'll have to go through both security as well as a passport control on the way back.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It really is not worth the trouble. Find a restaurant and have a beer.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by LondonElite
+1

The PP lounges in FRA are particularly underwhelming.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I guess looking for a restaurant is the best advice.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 11:16 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
The SkyLounge in T2 is before security but after passport control. IIRC, the people mover (SkyTrain??) has section that is "airside" so if you can access that from your part of T1 you should be able to get to T2 without any checks. But this is just an educated guess as I have never done that -- normally don't spend any time in T1

It's worth a cup of coffee and pastry in the morning (and a last email check) but that is about it. It is better than sitting at a gate.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
The SkyLounge in T2 is before security but after passport control. IIRC, the people mover (SkyTrain??) has section that is "airside" so if you can access that from your part of T1 you should be able to get to T2 without any checks.
No, I was relatively sure but now am confident as I checked the airport maps.

There is no airside (i.e., after the security control) connection between T1 and T2. But security in T2 is right before the gates (and the lounges are landside, in the sense of being before the security check). So he'd have to clear security once (on the way back/after exiting the Sky Train at T1).

Now, the better of the two T2 PP lounges is the AF/KL lounge. It is in Schengen. If the OP arrives from non-Schengen, he will have to clear immigration to get to the lounge. He will have to go once again through passport control to get back to Z. If he arrives on a Schengen flight, he'll have to go through passport control just once (when going from A to Z).
Old Mar 23, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I think the confusion is the word "airside" -- which is why I put it in quotes. It has been a couple of years since I've done this (so it may have changed) but in the past when I've had no checked luggage I have gotten off the plane, gone to the SkyLine, taken it to T1 and gone thru passport control there. One car was post passport check and the other truly "landslide." If things haven't changed and the OP can get to the Sky Line he should be able to take it to T2 without a passport or security check. Whether the available lounge is worth it is another question
Old Mar 26, 2018, 6:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can make a T1-T2 vv airside connection in FRA using the skyline. But it is a lot of hassle as you may have to go thru security even though its airside.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
You can make a T1-T2 vv airside connection in FRA using the skyline. But it is a lot of hassle as you may have to go thru security even though its airside.
Well, I was mostly referring to the way back (T2->T1).

They recently switched tracks for the Skytrain. You have to clear security before entering T1A (en route to Z). No ambiguity there. So, I really think we can leave it at the consensus that it's not worth the trouble given FRA's unspectacular PP lounges.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:54 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LondonElite
I agree. It's not worth the schlep from T1 to T2 and back to T1.
offerendum likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Has anyone tried the new Prime Class Lounge in FRA T2? Seems accessible for PP holders. Wondering how it is?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:51 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
OK - I answer to myself, but it might help others. This so called ‘Primeclass Lounge’ in the Schengen part of T2 is the old Iberia lounge. Quite small, archaic coffee machines but otherwise new lounge furniture with at seat power plugs.
Very limited choices food-wise.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Looking for a shower and a place to spend 12-5pm. I don’t mind walking or clearing security multiple times. Recommendations on the best lounge?
Old Sep 30, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
There are showers hosted by the airport owner, which you can find here. The price is 6€ or 8 US-$. I suggest using this and then looking for a nice restaurant as was written before here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.