Search

Security Delays at Düsseldorf Airport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Security Delays at Düsseldorf Airport

It seems that is still a problem at DUS with Kötter security and extremely long lines. Just wonder how early I really do have to get to the airport for a EW flight departing 07h00 and if the airlines are reasonably flexible about rebooking on later flights.

https://www.dus.com/de-de/services/n...sagierhinweise
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Concerto
It seems that is still a problem at DUS with Kötter security and extremely long lines. Just wonder how early I really do have to get to the airport for a EW flight departing 07h00 and if the airlines are reasonably flexible about rebooking on later flights.

https://www.dus.com/de-de/services/n...sagierhinweise
I had an awful experience here last Friday. Took about 90 minutes to get through with people pushing, fighting etc. Screw this airport - never flying through there again. Would rather take the train to Frankfurt or luck out through Koln
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It's not usually that bad. I rolled through there yesterday at 6 o'clock in the morning and it was terribly busy, but I got through in 15 minutes. It looked like all Kötter security people were working because every lane was open so I wonder if everything is back to normal. It was, I think, just the normal early morning rush. I have always found DUS one of the more efficient and least onerous airports for security. But there was no priority lane.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It seems to have calmed down at DUS. I went through today and there were no lines or problems.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
It seems to have calmed down at DUS. I went through today and there were no lines or problems.
Careful - school holidays next week in NRW which should be a mess.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Good point, although I personally won't be there. The thing is, the security personnel at Kötter seem to be working as normal. So it shouldn't be any worse than it normally is. The odd thing about DUS is that the priority lane is not policed at all, meaning anybody can walk into it. But I noticed yesterday that it seems to police itself as most people (in Terminal B) seemed to turn away when they saw it.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:41 pm

Unfortunately, I will be, and am hoping it won't be too bad.

The thread on this very topic over at the German version of FT is something like 25 pages long by now
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yes, I didn't bother following it because there is so much to read there. I have been trying to follow the whole thread on airberlin's bankruptcy and I am at page 292 out of 338. You'll probably be ok next week, at its worst I've never found DUS airport too bad, except for this Kötter experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.