FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Germany (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germany-626/)
-   -   Schengen to Schengen Transfers at DUS/Extra Security Checks? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germany/1866152-schengen-schengen-transfers-dus-extra-security-checks.html)

Terbang Sep 10, 2017 5:30 am

Schengen to Schengen Transfers at DUS/Extra Security Checks?

My wife and I will soon fly AMS-DUS-AMS as positioning flight for further International flights from AMS. Therefore we will return immediately with the same KL plane and have very limited transfer time. We travel with hand luggage only and will have our boarding passes!

I have used DUS a lot in the past and know that the bus will bring you from the KL plane to the terminal and you can use the stairs to go directly into the Airside of the terminal which ensured a very quick transfer.

I now read on the official site of DUS Airport that extra Security Checks are implemented without giving further details.

Can anybody tell me what the current procedure is for Schengen to Schengen transfers at DUS?

Terbang Sep 14, 2017 5:07 am

Is there really nobody here who knows the current security check situation for Schengen to Schengen transfers at Düsseldorf?

NewbieRunner Sep 14, 2017 5:10 am

Sorry I can't answer your question but if you are flying on KL why are you asking in the LH forum? Shouldn't you be asking in the Germany or KL forum?

zappa42m Sep 15, 2017 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Terbang (Post 28814273)
Is there really nobody here who knows the current security check situation for Schengen to Schengen transfers at Düsseldorf?

If you don't leave the secure area there will be no extra security check. You can walk from B to A and C and back.

GUWonder Sep 16, 2017 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Terbang (Post 28798373)
My wife and I will soon fly AMS-DUS-AMS as positioning flight for further International flights from AMS. Therefore we will return immediately with the same KL plane and have very limited transfer time. We travel with hand luggage only and will have our boarding passes!

I have used DUS a lot in the past and know that the bus will bring you from the KL plane to the terminal and you can use the stairs to go directly into the Airside of the terminal which ensured a very quick transfer.

I now read on the official site of DUS Airport that extra Security Checks are implemented without giving further details.

Can anybody tell me what the current procedure is for Schengen to Schengen transfers at DUS?

For most doing Schengen-Schengen via DUS there are no extra security checks at DUS, assuming the passengers don't go via the baggage claim route.

Even my US-Schengen trips with DUS as my transit hub (and Schengen port of entry) generally don't involve reclearing security at DUS, just passport control at DUS.

For some AMS-DUS flights there can be an on-arrival, jet-bridge/gate-area police/customs check at DUS, but it's not common and most people don't experience that.

Terbang Sep 16, 2017 10:44 pm

Thank you all for the useful information.