Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Leaving from FRA T1 but want to access a lounge in T2

Old Sep 2, 17, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Hi

I have a flight leaving from FRA T1 but I want to access a lounge in T2. Will I be able to use the skyline to get from T1 to T2 and will I have to go through security/customs/immigration again to do so? I would have to return back to T1 obviously for my flight.

Connection time is 2 hours.

Thanks!
Old Sep 5, 17, 6:51 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA, DL, Marriott Gold, Global Entry early adopter
You may find the answer (or at least get more attention to your question) here:

Beginners' guide to connecting at FRA [FRA connection thread]

That wiki includes more detailed information about the most recommended mode of transfer from one particular concourse to another. Generally speaking, each concourse is secured by its own security check. All concourse lounges are located inside their respective concourse's security. Also, tough to say how many instances of passport control you'll hit without knowing whether you're arriving/departing Schengen or non-Schengen. But, hopefully you've been consulting this extensive thread.

I assume you want to be checking out the Etihad or Emirates lounge (can't imagine any of the other ones in T2 are worth the trouble). Although, I'm not sure how you're going to access them if you're not flying those airlines (they don't fly out of T1). You might consult Lounge Buddy for additional information on more detailed location info.

To respond whether 2 hours is enough (or worth it), I often enter a concourse where my onward flight is not located in search for a specific lounge I like. I do it all within T1. And 2 hours is about the average comfortable amount of time I consider to be acceptable to take this side trip and have enough time to be comfortable when I get to the lounge, but for all the security checks, passport control, etc. Otherwise, there is an abundance of perfectly acceptable lounges closer to my gate if my layover is on the quicker side.
Old Sep 5, 17, 2:08 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
The FRA connection thread is for passengers connecting between *A flights in T1 although we occasionally receive questions about flights arriving/departing from T2. We also receive questions from people who hold a Priority Pass and wish to visit one of the lounges in T2. Since I've only been in T2 landside I cannot answer questions about T2 lounges but judging by the comments I read in this forum they are not worth the hassle of travelling by the Skyline train and clearing security.

If the reason for going to T2 is to visit one of the PP lounges, there is also a PP lounge (Luxx Lounge) in T1 landside.

Search this Thread