Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Hugo Junkers lounge at Dusseldorf Terminal B

Hugo Junkers lounge at Dusseldorf Terminal B

Old Jun 21, 17, 3:50 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 586
Hugo Junkers lounge at Dusseldorf Terminal B

Hi all,

I noticed that the Hugo Junkers lounge at DUS is under refurbishment under October 2017, but that it remains open during this time.

Is it a bit of a mess, or are they keeping it fairly clear?

Do you think the shower room will be available for a trip in July? Is it generally heavily used, or should I be able to get a space around 8.30/9am? I'll be connecting at DUS so a shower would be wonderful.

Simon Schus is offline  
Old Jun 21, 17, 5:06 pm
  #2  
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Germany
Programs: Some
Posts: 7,775
You don't mention much of construction, last visit was April. The shower isn't affected as this area isn't under construction. At all my visits it was never a problem to get a seat.

P.S. Don't expect too much
offerendum is offline  
Old Jun 21, 17, 5:10 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 586
Originally Posted by offerendum View Post
You don't mention much of construction, last visit was April. The shower isn't affected as this area isn't under construction. At all my visits it was never a problem to get a seat.

P.S. Don't expect too much

Thank you for the advice! I am not expecting too much - just somewhere to sit and shower after my flight for a few hours.
Simon Schus is offline  
Old Jun 21, 17, 7:57 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: ORD
Programs: AA PLT
Posts: 2,699
I believe the shower/bathroom area was last refurbished in the autumn of 2013.
linglingfool is online now  
Old Jun 22, 17, 8:47 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 586
Thanks linglingfool

Looks like there will be a shower to use! Hopefully, the shower isn't being used too much that we'll get to use it (circa 8.30/9am on a Sunday morning in July).
Simon Schus is offline  
Old Jun 22, 17, 9:19 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Berlin
Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL**; HH Diamond
Posts: 638
I was in the lounge last weekend. The (somewhat small) toilet/shower area is unaffected by the refurbishment - this seems to apply only to the area to the back right past the reception desk and the very front right of the lounge where there used to be a few work-desks.
AlienInTheFatherland is online now  
Old Jun 22, 17, 9:23 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 586
Thank you for your experiences and insight, AlienInTheFatherland.

I really appreciate everybody's kind advice and information
Simon Schus is offline  
Old Jun 22, 17, 3:15 pm
  #8  
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Germany
Programs: Some
Posts: 7,775
Originally Posted by Simon Schus View Post
Thanks linglingfool

Looks like there will be a shower to use! Hopefully, the shower isn't being used too much that we'll get to use it (circa 8.30/9am on a Sunday morning in July).
I doubt many people use the shower. Mostly lounge is visited by "local" guests.

Originally Posted by AlienInTheFatherland View Post
I was in the lounge last weekend. The (somewhat small) toilet/shower area is unaffected by the refurbishment - this seems to apply only to the area to the back right past the reception desk and the very front right of the lounge where there used to be a few work-desks.
Correct. I found a picture of the area
https://flic.kr/p/T8F3Jo
offerendum is offline  
Old Jun 22, 17, 6:15 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 586
Lovely, offerendum
Simon Schus is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread