FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Germany (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germany-626/)
-   -   Extra Oktoberfest tickets (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germany/1844177-extra-oktoberfest-tickets.html)

M2swim May 23, 2017 1:20 pm

Extra Oktoberfest tickets

I was fortunate to score a table of ten for the Sunday Lunch seating at the Schottenhamel tent. I really only need 5 tickets.

I have read on numerous sites that they will not seat your table until all 10 people are there but it is highly frowned upon trying to sell your extra tickets on public sites like eBay. What is correct? If both the seating and the inability of selling tickets are issues, how does one make sure you can have ten present at the same time - sell/give tickets to people standing in line? I don't understand that if the tickets are presold, they shouldn't care if five come in when ten tickets are sold. It would just give them the ability to resell the five seats to someone else in line.

Any clarification on the subject will be greatly appreciated.

Mark

oliver2002 May 24, 2017 12:16 pm

Those are not 'tickets' you just prepaid a table reservation. Just show up and sit at the table, you can invite others to join you without problems. Often people make a reseravtion for 10 and only 6-8 sit at the table. There is no 'line' per se, people roam the tents and ask if they can sit at your table when it looks like there is space available.

bruce80 May 29, 2017 2:11 pm

While I can neither confirm nor debunk olivers answer, I might have some additional advice for you.

One of my clients is a tent operator in Stuttgart (where they have two annual beer festivals that are considered to be the runner-up behind Munich), and they are really very well aware of anyone selling tickets on public platforms, particularly "eBay Kleinanzeigen". I'm not sure how aware the Munich people are on this topic, but I can imagine they will also try to stop people from offering excess space there, particularly for excessive black-market prices.

However, you should check the terms and conditions of the tent, as at least the people from Stuttgart will usually allow you to sell the minimum consumption to someone else, as long as you charge exactly the original price to them. My clients have already canceled reservations from people who were trying to sell their reservation (or parts thereof) at double or triple the original price on eBay (sometimes even selling only the admission wristbands for as much as 60 EUR per person, without any vouchers!), and you surely don't want this to happen to you.

Under no circumstances whatsoever should you try to sell your remaining seats directly in front of the tent. This will almost inevitably lead to you being expelled from the tent (and maybe even the entire Oktoberfest area) without any refund.

I would say your best bet would be to offer your remaining tickets to anyone you might know across Europe, as, considering how difficult it actually is to get a reservation for Oktoberfest, they will probably jump at the opportunity.

M2swim May 30, 2017 6:31 pm

Appreciate the answers. I offered the extras to the AirBnB owner in Munich. He should know someone that could take the tickets off of my hands. Just want to be sure that I'll get my seats with or without the full table. SInce it is a once-in-a-lifetime trip for us, I want it to go well.

bruce80 May 31, 2017 4:37 am

Sounds like an excellent idea!

chitink Aug 30, 2017 9:39 am

Which Sunday? I will be there on a sunday!