Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton, Garden Hilton or Sheraton at FRA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Hilton, Garden Hilton or Sheraton at FRA

Taking the ICE train from Munich, arriving late afternoon. Plan to overnight at the airport as I have an 8:30am flight (SQ 26) the next day. Trying to decide between one of the Hiltons and the Sheraton, most probably a Club Room. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:59 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Nancy Colson
Taking the ICE train from Munich, arriving late afternoon. Plan to overnight at the airport as I have an 8:30am flight (SQ 26) the next day. Trying to decide between one of the Hiltons and the Sheraton, most probably a Club Room. Any feedback would be appreciated.
the Sheraton is attached to the airport , no? That sounds most convenient to me
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Distance-wise about the same, depending on when I want the 10-minute walk.

The Hilton is directly above the long distance rail station -- morning walk.

The Sheraton is in T 1 -- walk from train station in afternoon.

It's a matter of which would be the nicest, most pleasant spot to spend the evening.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: Free Agent
I have stayed at Hilton and Sheraton; prefer the Sheraton room size on even the cheapest rooms; I also don't like Atrium-view at Hilton for the one time I was there. Lounges equal- lounge food esp breakfast better at Sheraton.

I would go with price and how best to leverage your status.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton. I was given access to the Executive Lounge as a HH Gold. The staff was very nice and I enjoyed the lounge. I also enjoyed the location as there are lots of places to eat and get food at the Squaire. There is a grocery store (Rewe?) with a nice salad bar and some provisions. The room was modern, quiet, and I enjoyed my stay.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I've stayed in all three, most recently the Hilton. Unless the Sheraton has had a refurb in the last few years (and I don't think it has), I was very pleased with the Hilton room. Had a club room and upgraded as a Diamond. The food options in the Squaire are solid but nothing to write home about (though neither is the Sheraton restaurant.)
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

@LondonElite, I asked the Sheraton about refurbished rooms. Some have been done but not on the Club Level. Hilton seems the way to go.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Hi Nancy, got your PM, and I agree. You shouldn't go wrong with the Hilton. Your food options in the Squaire are Bavarian, Chinese/Japanese, and Italian/American.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
While I have never stayed at any of the Hiltons at FRA, I've had some really negative experience during my last stay at the Sheraton due to poor handling of an overbooking situation. Speaking for myself, I would probably try the Hilton next time.

As far as club rooms at the Sheraton go, their size is ok, and all of them have been refurbished a few years ago. However, the bathrooms weren't up to date anymore (not sure whether they have changed anything about it), and the offerings in the club lounge had been better a few years ago. It's probably really a matter of taste, however, the difference in walking distance is really negligible, as no matter where you stay, all walkways are covered and equipped with travelators. The difference is probably something around 200 to 300m, particularly if you're heading towards CI A (not sure where SQ do their check in, but I believe it is somewhere between A and B).

Addendum: when it comes to food, both Sheraton restaurants (the local one is very well hidden below ground level somewhere among the conference rooms) seem quite overpriced - but with the full choice of food options at FRA (including the Squaire) that shouldn't be a problem. And if you're only looking for a small snack, you might even be inclined to check out the hot food buffet at the REWE supermarket in the Squaire, on the opposite side of the building when seen from the Hilton.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn at FRA, since it usually has the lowest rate amongst the three. Although it doesn't have a lounge, the buffet breakfast offered to HONORS Diamond members is quite extensive, better than what is offered at the full-service Hilton as per comments in the Hilton Hotel thread. The rooms were quiet without any airplane noise. Room size was more than adequate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.