Reload this Page >

Newbie Connecting in FRA - Separate PNR

Old Mar 30, 17, 7:22 am
pjs
Original Poster

Hi all,

First time going through FRA this summer (thanks to a dirt cheap ATL-FRA roundtrip sale on AA/BA). We arrive from ATL/LHR on BA at 16:55 at T2 and have a flight on LH to KRK at 21:55. I assume we go through immigration, collect our luggage and walk through customs, go outside and take a bus/train? to T1. Or if we have our BPs already from LH OLCI and only have carry-on luggage, can we just go through transfer security and walk over to T1.

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere - The transfer guide from the FRA airport site doesn't really seem to cover T2 to T1 transfers.

Thx
Old Mar 30, 17, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL**; HH Diamond
Basically you have to do the following:

1. Immigration into Schengen area at T2
2. Collect bags at T2 if indeed you have them
3. Take bus or skytrain from T2 to T1 - do not attempt to walk. Bus is probably more suitable if you have luggage as it leaves from the outside of the terminal at the same level as the baggage carousels - the skytrain is two levels up and two levels back down when you arrive at T1.
4. Re-check bags
5. Go through security to gate
6. No further pasport check as you are remaining inside Schengen

One further note would be that if you don't have lounge access for your LH flight, you might consider staying landside for a bit where there are better restaurants etc. (Käfer in T1 or various places in The Squaire, which is well signposted and across the walkways to the railway station.)
Old Mar 30, 17, 1:42 pm
pjs
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlienInTheFatherland View Post
Basically you have to do the following:

1. Immigration into Schengen area at T2
2. Collect bags at T2 if indeed you have them
3. Take bus or skytrain from T2 to T1 - do not attempt to walk. Bus is probably more suitable if you have luggage as it leaves from the outside of the terminal at the same level as the baggage carousels - the skytrain is two levels up and two levels back down when you arrive at T1.
4. Re-check bags
5. Go through security to gate
6. No further pasport check as you are remaining inside Schengen

One further note would be that if you don't have lounge access for your LH flight, you might consider staying landside for a bit where there are better restaurants etc. (Käfer in T1 or various places in The Squaire, which is well signposted and across the walkways to the railway station.)
Thanks for the detailed directions, although wouldn't it be the non-Schengen area as we are coming from ATL?

Also, we have access to the Luxx Lounge through Priority Pass. Worth a visit or just find a restaurant?
Old Mar 30, 17, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL**; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pjs View Post
Thanks for the detailed directions, although wouldn't it be the non-Schengen area as we are coming from ATL?

Also, we have access to the Luxx Lounge through Priority Pass. Worth a visit or just find a restaurant?
Well, yes you arrive from non-Schegen, but the minute you pass the German border, you have arrived in the Schengen area!

Sorry can't comment about that lounge, I have only ever used LH lounges at FRA T1!
Old Mar 30, 17, 11:13 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Don't know if it is still possible, but if you don't have checked bags you used to be able to take the Skytrain to T1 and clear passport checks there (the Skytrain is both airside and landside). Saves a little backtracking. I've never had a long wait for passport check that way, but the checkpoint is small so I guess a group could back it up.

There is also the Skylounge in T2 -- it is Priority pass. I've walked by it when arriving from the US on DL but don't know if you can use it as an arrivals lounge. Again, assuming no checked bags.
Old Mar 31, 17, 7:36 am
pjs
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer View Post
Don't know if it is still possible, but if you don't have checked bags you used to be able to take the Skytrain to T1 and clear passport checks there (the Skytrain is both airside and landside). Saves a little backtracking. I've never had a long wait for passport check that way, but the checkpoint is small so I guess a group could back it up.

There is also the Skylounge in T2 -- it is Priority pass. I've walked by it when arriving from the US on DL but don't know if you can use it as an arrivals lounge. Again, assuming no checked bags.
Thanks! Plan to use the Skylounge or Air France Lounge before our flight home when we fly AA. Visiting Prague on this trip so will look at your beer guide!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: