FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Germany (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germany-626/)
-   -   Dusseldorf late night (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germany/1830168-dusseldorf-late-night.html)

radium_mask Mar 17, 2017 4:18 pm

Dusseldorf late night

I will be spending a Saturday night in Dusseldorf in April and some friends will join. The plan is to go for dinner and to take a table at a club later on. Have been given recommendations for Rudas Studios and Nachtresidenz. Any views? Preference is for lively, but civilised. Grateful for any insights on Dusseldorf nightlife.

Ber2dca Mar 18, 2017 1:38 pm

As the old saying goes, if you're tired of Dusseldorf, you're tired of life.

offerendum Mar 18, 2017 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Ber2dca (Post 28053881)

naja.... Not really tired of DUS but not the biggest fan

gpia Mar 20, 2017 12:38 am

Both are upscale clubs, Nachtresidenz has a longer tradition and is closer to downtown, whereas Rudas is in the Medienhafen, ~10 mins by taxi from downtown. Do note that many Dusseldorf bars uphold a dress code / door policy, including the two mentioned. This can be quite random, as with many such establishments - just be aware of it and be smart about trying to get in during busy hours, especially as a group.

My advice, if you're into beer: Skip the clubs altogether and do a full fletched Altstadt tour instead, visiting all the 5 local breweries and taste all sorts of Altbier. There's some 250 bars to choose from - and after all, that's what the Altstadt is all about :) Good chance you'll be ready for bed by the end of the night ;)

And if not, a little less posh, but fun: Mauer in the Altstadt.

mosburger Mar 20, 2017 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Ber2dca (Post 28053881)

If you are tired of Dusseldorf, Cologne is the right place for you. ;)

As for eating and drinks, don't really fancy the Altstadt but the Japanese (fusion) and other bistros at Immermannstrasse instead or then the Japanese Izakayas on Klosterstrasse.

The Medienhafen used to be interesting as well for pre-clubbing, not sure on the situation these days.

Dusseldorf clubs are rather famous as playgrounds for beautiful people.

Cologne, on the other hand, is one of the best places for nightlife in Europe and even globally and might offer more variety and a distinct flair.

I am biased but hope others can agree.

Ber2dca Mar 20, 2017 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum (Post 28054270)
naja.... Not really tired of DUS but not the biggest fan

It was a joke ;). The original saying is about London. Dusseldorf has never struck me as especially thrilling or alluring.