ITB Berlin - Should I Go

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITB Berlin - Should I Go

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2017, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Oh bugger - thanks for the heads up. I'm flying in on BA and out on Norwegian who I fancied trying for the first time. I'm not sure they will be as IRROPS friendly as BA.... I'll make sure i've some alternative options / accommodation lined up.

Ryanfozzie - don't rely on the free shuttle buses at TXL airport - they can be infrequent and often fill up meaning you've got to wait. I would recommend getting a day travelcard sold at the information booth - and then use the bus that takes you to the underground station (about 5 mins away). Public transport in Berlin is an absolute doddle, and you've good access to the Exhibition Halls (I use Messe Sud). BA 990 (the 07:10 LHR flight) or BA 4191 (LCY at 08:20) do not run on Saturdays though - so you're left with BA 992 - and probably wouldn't make it to ITB before 13:30. If you're serious about doing a day trip on Saturday i'd look at the early Easyjet flight...
Ah thanks for the heads up! Will take a look at your option. I land (hopefully) at 11:35. I will be in CE, first off and no baggage with a EU passport and I'm open to running. Hopefully I will be there for 13:00 being optimistic! That gives me 5 hours to see the things I really want to see. Price is a big factor for me, and a £50 return (minus avios) is worth it to be as of today I am now no longer a silver. Cash prices are rather steep for that weekend, especially the early morning to late evening. Worst case *cough cough* on the way back I face IRROPS and HAVE to stay a night and sadly go for the 2nd day. One can only hope!
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: SK Gold, BA Gold
The airport has now confirmed a strike on Friday:

Severe disruption to air traffic

09.03.2017 10:50 am
Strike action of ground staff

Due to strike action of ground staff at Berlin’s airports Schönefeld and Tegel there is severe disruption of air traffic from 10 March approx. 4 a.m. until 11 March approx. 5 a.m. After the end of the strike action restrictions in air traffic may continue.

We kindly request all passengers to enquire about the current status of their flights before travelling to the airport.

Thank you for your understanding.
Expect cancellations and severe delays.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 5:38 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
LH has just cancelled all Fridays TXL flights 30 minutes ago, AB's flights are now zeroed out and will probably also be cancelled soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.