FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Germany (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germany-626/)
-   -   therme erding (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germany/1826342-therme-erding.html)

bryanwallace Feb 28, 2017 6:51 pm

therme erding

visiting munich with kids and was wondering whetherthermeerding is worththe cost to go for a day ,end of next month..
any thoughts?

Askartus Mar 1, 2017 12:32 am

There are mainly two "parts" in the Therme Erding: One for adults with Saunas and Poolbars serving fresh Erdinger Weißbier (nice after a visit in a sauna) named "Vital-Oase" and "Saunaparadies". And another with slides and fun stuff for everyone named "Thermenparadies" and "Galaxy" (which is the part with the slides).
That being said: It can be quite full during weekends and holidays. You should also watch out for holidays in Austria or Italy as they do day trips to Erding as well (we were there two years ago on an austrian bank holiday and waited 20 minutes just to get in!)

Imo Therme Erding is great family fun, if it is not crowded. If the adults want to visit the sauna area, please be aware that only 16+ yo are allowed in there.

BTW: Erding itself is quite nice to stroll around as well and maybe it is an idea to visit the brewery of Erdinger, while being there already. S-Bahn access from Munich is possible.

SunshineStay Mar 1, 2017 3:33 am

If you visit the Sauna area please also note the different habits with regards to nudity in Central Europe compared with the US.

bryanwallace Mar 1, 2017 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Askartus (Post 27973317)
There are mainly two "parts" in the Therme Erding: One for adults with Saunas and Poolbars serving fresh Erdinger Weißbier (nice after a visit in a sauna) named "Vital-Oase" and "Saunaparadies". And another with slides and fun stuff for everyone named "Thermenparadies" and "Galaxy" (which is the part with the slides).
That being said: It can be quite full during weekends and holidays. You should also watch out for holidays in Austria or Italy as they do day trips to Erding as well (we were there two years ago on an austrian bank holiday and waited 20 minutes just to get in!)

Imo Therme Erding is great family fun, if it is not crowded. If the adults want to visit the sauna area, please be aware that only 16+ yo are allowed in there.

BTW: Erding itself is quite nice to stroll around as well and maybe it is an idea to visit the brewery of Erdinger, while being there already. S-Bahn access from Munich is possible.

thanks-it would be sun march 19th..with kids 8 and 12

bryanwallace Mar 1, 2017 9:25 pm

is it so crowded that we should change our trip and go on Mon 20th?
this would be diff to do but not impossible.

Askartus Mar 2, 2017 5:44 am

Originally Posted by bryanwallace (Post 27978466)
is it so crowded that we should change our trip and go on Mon 20th?
this would be diff to do but not impossible.

Sadly, I have to answer: It depends ... ;-)

I honestly don´t know, if for example sunday afternoon / evening is quieter than the morning hours.
Monday will problably be quieter and more fun, because your kids will not have to wait for long to get on one of the slides (see: http://www.therme-erding.de/en/urlau...galaxy-erding/).

During the dates you mentioned, there are no school holidays in Bavaria, Italy or Austria as far as I see.

oliver2002 Mar 3, 2017 11:21 am

Kids go back to school this Monday, and there are no holidays till Easter (April 8-23). They will have a blast, weekends will be moderately crowded, since it costs quite a bit to go there.

bryanwallace Mar 3, 2017 6:10 pm

we look forward to going!youve all convinced us all to go!
just not sure whether the sun or mon would be better...
any thoughts?

oliver2002 Mar 3, 2017 11:48 pm

Mondays you will certainly have the place to yourself. Fourth graders only get out of school at earliest 1pm here, above that around 4pm.

eddmmuc Mar 4, 2017 2:04 am

Galaxy (the slide paradise) does not open before 14:00 during weekdays..so keep that in mind
http://www.therme-erding.de/en/info-...ffnungszeiten/

bryanwallace Mar 4, 2017 2:14 am

thanks-im trying to work out which is better??
going when noones there or not.
spose depends how crowded will be on sundays...

eddmmuc Mar 4, 2017 4:24 am

Sundays can be really crowdy and the last thing I personally like in Erding is to queue up for the water slides, which can take up to 30min on certain ones.
Monday's from 14:00 is family day with reduced entrance fee..so more people..

If I was you I would go in on weekdays and you either buy a whole day ticket or if you go for a 4 hour ticket , walk in at 12:30 and enjoy the wavepool and the other pool areas, even outside pools and then walk into Galaxy at 14:00
have some fun and go back to the other areas when it gets too crowdy.

As mentioned before, if any of the adults decides to go to the sauna area in Vitaloase or Vitaltherme (additional pay) keep in mind..no kids under 16. that's enforced, aswell that all saunas are 100% "textile free" and talking is not that much welcomed within the sauna.

If you go on sundays then as early as possible and then first into Galaxy.

Have fun..
If you have more questions just send me a PM :)

N0LID Apr 3, 2017 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Askartus (Post 27973317)

Agree with this statement, Erdinger brewery tour is worth the 15 euro, we walked the 1.5 miles back after the tour to the train station and enjoyed the town.

bruce80 Apr 7, 2017 9:05 am

I have been there once, on halloween day last year and I have to say that I didnt't really enjoy it. While getting there by public transport from Munich City Center was ok (even though it takes an hour and requires walking about half a mile, and you can take a bus to/from MUC which will take about half an hour with one change at Erding station), the entire experience didnt't quite live up to the image portrayed in the media. As it was a monday before a public holiday, the entire thing was extremely crowded (not every guest would receive an own locker, but you'd have to share a single locker with your group), both in the general area and in the sauna area, which didn't really make the experience too great (you usually wouldn't catch a seat in a sauna where an "Aufguss" would take place unless you'd arrive half an hour in advance), and the entire building is quite confusing and not really well signposted (particularly the sauna area) - in my TripAdvisor resumé (3 out of 5), I suggested that I'll probably not be coming back.

However, wait times at the water slides weren't too bad, hardly any wait for more than 10 mins, however, I'd say that particulary the water slides aren't half as spectacular as I would have expected them to be.