FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Germany (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germany-626/)
-   -   what to do in connecting flights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germany/1822766-what-do-connecting-flights.html)

Amoola Feb 16, 2017 9:59 am

what to do in connecting flights

I have booked a flight Amman-Frankfort, and the return Paris(CDG) - Amman
This is my first time with transit, so i don't know the procedures?
will i have the two passing tickets with all the information in Paris or i
will take one here and one there in Frankfort?
also my stop is 1:30 minutes, will it be enough or i will have to run and
may be miss the flight!!
and if you could please tell me the procedures in Frankfort airport?
can you please help me

obscure2k Feb 16, 2017 10:45 am

Welcome to Flyertalk, Amoola I am going to move your query to the Germany Forum. There are many people with experience transiting through Frankfurt.
Good Luck
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

FLYGVA Feb 16, 2017 11:19 am

Welcome to Flyertalk, Amoola.

We try to help you, but may I ask, where your transit it?

I read you post, as if you fly Amman - Frankfurt (nonstop) and fly back instead from Franfkurt from Paris to Amman (nonstop). In this case, if would not be a transit but you are arriving in Frankfurt.

If you fly Amman - Frankfurt - Paris and Paris - Amman - Frankfurt, could you please tell us on which airline(s) and at which time you arrive? It this all on one ticket or have you booked two separate tickets, e.g. one ticket Amman to Frankfurt and return and a separate ticket from Frankfurt to elsewhere?

Thank you

FLYGVA
co-moderator Germany Forum

Amoola Feb 16, 2017 11:47 am

Originally Posted by FLYGVA (Post 27918181)
Welcome to Flyertalk, Amoola.

We try to help you, but may I ask, where your transit it?

I read you post, as if you fly Amman - Frankfurt (nonstop) and fly back instead from Franfkurt from Paris to Amman (nonstop). In this case, if would not be a transit but you are arriving in Frankfurt.

If you fly Amman - Frankfurt - Paris and Paris - Amman - Frankfurt, could you please tell us on which airline(s) and at which time you arrive? It this all on one ticket or have you booked two separate tickets, e.g. one ticket Amman to Frankfurt and return and a separate ticket from Frankfurt to elsewhere?

Thank you

FLYGVA
co-moderator Germany Forum

Im sorry, My mistake i wasn't clear, i arrived 5 days ago in Frankfort, and after three days i went to Paris
im traveling with one airline Lufthansa, so my return flight will be a connecting flight from Paris to Frankfort and then going back to Amman

malmostoso Feb 17, 2017 10:44 am

You will receive all boarding passes in Paris, and if your flight is not heavily delayed out of Paris you won't have any trouble making your connection. As soon as you arrive in Frankfurt find a screen with the gate information for your onward flight and follow the signs to the correct letter. Frankfurt airport is big but it's not hard to navigate.

keisari Feb 20, 2017 8:30 pm

Since France and Germany are both in the Schengen zone there is no immigration between Paris and Frankfurt. Once you get to Frankfurt you will be leaving from a different set of gates that are known as non-Schengen. You will have passport control in Frankfurt as you are leaving the Schengen zone.
I like FRA airport. It is big and messy but lots of shops and fun places. You need to walk a lot between areas so make sure you have enough time.
When you check in for your flight in Paris make sure you get both boarding passes and also make sure your luggage is checked through to Amman

AlienInTheFatherland Feb 20, 2017 9:41 pm

Most likely scenario is that your incoming flight from Paris will arrive T1A and your Amman flight will leave T1B.

It can be a bit of a walk depending on which gate you dock at/depart from.

The Golden Rule at FRA is "follow the signs" - as you emerge from the airbridge from your Paris flight, there should even be an indicator on the screen up above you telling you which way to turn and which number gate to go to.

There is also a Guide to connecting at FRA thread on the Lufthansa forum which you might find useful to refer to.

LondonElite Feb 22, 2017 2:36 am

Is the flight FRA-CDG-AMM on one ticket?