Reload this Page >

Oktoberfest 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oktoberfest 2017

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Its definitely walkable. The Meridien is besides the Hauptbahnhof, which in all major European cities is a relatively shady area. Walk a few 100 yards and you are in Munich downtown. More here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star...er-thread.html
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:43 am

I have the misfortune of having an overnight layover in Munich during Oktoberfest and would prefer to avoid the festivities and crowds as much as possible. However, I also have a dinner reservation at Tantris. Is there some recommended area to stay that would be easy to get to and from the airport, and also easy to get to and from the restaurant, giving the timing? Never been during Oktoberfest so not sure how available taxis are, etc.

Usually during my layovers in Munich I take the S Bahn in and stay somewhere near the HBF. Seems like given my preferences, that area would be best avoided this time.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I suspect all the hotels will be pretty packed during Oktoberfest. You could try the (uninspiring) Westin or Sheraton, both of which are close enough to Tantris. Hyatt will soon be opening up a property very close by. The Innside is also not all that bad.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I suspect all the hotels will be pretty packed during Oktoberfest. You could try the (uninspiring) Westin or Sheraton, both of which are close enough to Tantris. Hyatt will soon be opening up a property very close by. The Innside is also not all that bad.
Thanks. I bit the bullet and made a reservation at Fleming's which is also very close to the restaurant. Online reviews are hit and miss, so will adjust my expectations accordingly.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Never stayed there, though my one Flemings experience in Frankfurt was simply OK.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Munich continues on normal during the ofest days. You should not have any issues getting a taxi or using public transport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.