Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

EasyPass enrollment centre location in MUC and FRA

Old Apr 4, 16, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

I'll be flying into Frankfurt or Munich from HKG and want to enrol in the German easypass system. Where is the enrollment centre located in FRA or MUC? Is it in the Schengen or non-Schengen area? Departure or arrival area? Thanks
Old Apr 4, 16, 9:04 pm

http://www.easypass.de/EasyPass/EN/E.../rtp_node.html

This page has a link which shos the location of the enrollment centers.
Old Apr 6, 16, 7:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT
Check the link provided by Unterwegs. In FRA and DUS, it is landside.
Old Apr 10, 16, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K
The official website does not list days of the week that the enrollment centers are open--are they open 7 days a week?
Old Apr 11, 16, 5:30 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT
Use the email address listed for each location to find out the enrollment hours.
Old Apr 11, 16, 11:44 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott Amb (LT Titanium)
Delete.

Last edited by RobOnLI; Apr 11, 16 at 11:45 am Reason: Incorrect info
Old Aug 27, 17, 11:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K2MM, SPG Plat/Lifetime Gold, WN A-List, Hyatt Platinum
With exactly a two-hour layover in FRA, is there enough time to go out and get the Easypass registration done? Between the lines of people trying to move from Schengen to a US-bound flight (and going through passport control) vs. just walking out, register for Easypass and then come right back in... Any thoughts?

The only piece I am worried about is how long will it take for me to get out landside at FRA...
Old Aug 29, 17, 10:06 am

Programs: DL GM/KM
Originally Posted by sfsouthbay View Post
The only piece I am worried about is how long will it take for me to get out landside at FRA...
If your connection is Schengen to non-Schengen, as it appears, you would be registering before going through passport control. Reports are that the registration takes effect immediately (I haven't tested this), so you would be able to use the Easypass lanes right away, which might offset the 10-15 minutes needed for the registration if the Bundespolizei office isn't busy. Fill out the application form ahead of time, of course.
Old Aug 29, 17, 11:03 am

Oh I thought I had to exit the security area to get the Easy pass done as I would be arriving from a Schengen country first. Thank you.
Old Aug 29, 17, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL GM/KM
Yes, you will have to go landside to register. The point is, you go through passport control after registration rather than before. You may have to go through security regardless, though that can be unpredictable depending on the specific airlines and destinations and gates involved. The classic advice on connecting at FRA applies as always:
Just follow the signs. Don't think. Don't apply logic. Just follow the sign. You will get to your destination. You might have to go through security 2-3 times, customs, passport control, tunnels, escalators, elevators, stairs and you feel that you have just walked to your final destination.
But under no circumstances try to make sense of it. You will only get lost.
Old Aug 30, 17, 12:32 am

Thank you! We will just have to play it by ear that day. That said we will have our forms all filled out before registering. We also don't plan to take carry ons with us to reduce any chance of delays at the security line...
Old Aug 27, 18, 6:17 am

Easypass registration in Munich

In Munich the place to apply is Terminal 2, level 4 (check-in fl.), room 4479, landside. In Terminal 2, lvl 4 it is to the left of the security area, near the police station and customs office. With no line the process took 10mins and can be used immediately.

Note: for Americans and HK passport holders, you will still need ur passport stamped even using the Easypass gates.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: