Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Airport Bus - Munich Airport to Central Station

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Lufthansa Airport Bus - Munich Airport to Central Station

Hey guys,

I will be arriving at MUC quite heavily loaded. Approximately 2 large bags, a trolley, laptopbag and a suit. This is why I am looking at alternative ways of reaching the city centre, seeing as dragging all of this onto the S-Bahn isn't really ideal.

A taxi ride is in all honesty too expensive, which is how I've stumbled on the Lufthansa Airport Bus. Does anyone have any experience with this way of transportation? Are they overly cramped with people fighting to get on, or how does this work? In particular with regards to the luggage that I will be hauling.

Thanks in advance
Old May 24, 2015, 9:10 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Hi Nominal, let's seek the help of readers of the Germany forum. I'll move the thread there. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old May 24, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by Nominal
Hey guys,

I will be arriving at MUC quite heavily loaded. Approximately 2 large bags, a trolley, laptopbag and a suit. This is why I am looking at alternative ways of reaching the city centre, seeing as dragging all of this onto the S-Bahn isn't really ideal.

A taxi ride is in all honesty too expensive, which is how I've stumbled on the Lufthansa Airport Bus. Does anyone have any experience with this way of transportation? Are they overly cramped with people fighting to get on, or how does this work? In particular with regards to the luggage that I will be hauling.

Thanks in advance
With a lot of luggage it's a good idea. Other than during S-bahn disruptions I've never seen the bus crowded(unlike the S8). Luggage of course will go in the bus luggage bay. Parks at the Hbf right next to the taxi rank as well for your onward journey to your hotel or train connection. Personally I go for the S8 but I'm always just wheeling a 20"carry-on and laptop bag but in your situation I'd take the bus.
Old May 27, 2015, 9:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I usually take a DriveNow car from P20 level 1 into town. Costs me 12EUR+35-40 mins, ie about 20-25€. Best option with luggage. Alternatively use MyDriver, they cost about 40-50€ into town, they always have rebate codes too.
Old May 29, 2015, 4:32 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Alternatively use MyDriver, they cost about 40-50€ into town, they always have rebate codes too.
Their web site shows a minimum of EUR52 from MUC - but quotes EUR77.59 to the Altstadt or Hbf in the lowest category vehicle.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I'm curious now, Oliver, what's a DriveNow car? Until now I have only ever been a victim - sorry, customer- of the overpriced and somewhat inefficient S8. Interestingly, this line is "free" in conjunction with an onward rail ticket, ie it tends to price out as the same as a ticket which starts, or ends, Munich main station.

During the weekend, I managed to get a ticket from Sierre (canton Valais, Switzerland) to Munich Airport for EUR14.25, allowing me stops in Montreux, Zurich and Munich itself, bearing in mind international rail tickets are valid for 2 weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.