Wiki Posts
Search

A good travel agent in Munich?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:15 am
Original Poster

A good travel agent in Munich?

Dear Germany forum,

I will move to Munich from Brussels in a few days and I would like to find a good travel agent in town. Does anyone have any recommendations?

English speaking would be a huge plus (I speak German but my English is better), and possibly someone who would easily understand why I'd prefer another booking class because it earns more miles in my FFP of choise

Thank you all for your help!

MODS: I hope this post is not OT. If necessary please move or delete.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 2:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Sorry for not responding to your PM on this topic, I was in China for two weeks and mostly offline (also thanks to the great firewall).

Some recommendations on TAs in Germany are here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...t-germany.html

I personally would rcs85551s agency Skytravelagent. Note that they are very smart optimising your routing etc to maximise miles, but for short hops and simple economy tickets you are better off using the many OTA offerings out there via kayak. The OTAs usually outbid themselves to get to the number 1 position in kayak or skyscanner type search engines and you can save 20-30€ per simple return.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Thank you Oliver, I hope apart from the great firewall China wasn't too bad!

I will look into your suggestions, and thank you for linking that thread!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:06 pm

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
+1 for RCS. I don't care for OTA. I book everything I can with Skytravel as I just want to have it handled properly in the most convenient way for me. Happy to pay an extra for that.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I personally would rcs85551s agency Skytravelagent.
I would also recommend Skytravelagent. ^
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:08 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by mamb0
+1 for RCS. I don't care for OTA. I book everything I can with Skytravel as I just want to have it handled properly in the most convenient way for me. Happy to pay an extra for that.
^ +1
They've never let me down, and I've had some rather unusual requests.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Another vote for RCS and Skytravel. Friendly and extremely knowledgeable.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
Another vote for skytravelagent.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
Skytravelagent is the most professional travel agency around.

I also like Travel Overland (www.travel-overland.de/), they have a few stores in the city and should be capable of booking what you request most of the time.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 8:11 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I rarely do recommendations for travel agencies, but skytravelagent.de is one of the best I have used in the past. ^^

They have also arranged some special deals in the past with various airlines.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Sorry for not responding to your PM on this topic, I was in China for two weeks and mostly offline (also thanks to the great firewall).

Some recommendations on TAs in Germany are here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...t-germany.html

I personally would rcs85551s agency Skytravelagent. Note that they are very smart optimising your routing etc to maximise miles, but for short hops and simple economy tickets you are better off using the many OTA offerings out there via kayak. The OTAs usually outbid themselves to get to the number 1 position in kayak or skyscanner type search engines and you can save 20-30€ per simple return.
I didn't use rcs but he is a nice guy in the contact I had with him about possibly booking a ticket.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Thanks for bringing up a four-year-old thread (seriously). I was looking for a new travel agent.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:11 am
mag

Programs: LH M&M, FTL / *S
It is timeless: I can strongly recommend skytravelagent, too. Very professional, friendly and quick.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.