FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Germany (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germany-626/)
-   -   Munich Day Pass, which one to choose? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germany/1359659-munich-day-pass-one-choose.html)

Dolphinyong Jun 23, 2012 7:49 am

Munich Day Pass, which one to choose?

Hi, I visiting Munich for a weekend getaway (3days 2nights). I tried to search on the tourists spot online, not so helpful, can somebody here give me a guide of the 'Must Visit places'? Besides, which of the Munich day pass should I choose? Is the 'inner district' day pass enough for me to cover the places I should go? Or should I pick the 'Munich XXL' or even 'Entire network'? Which of this include the journey to/from the airport? Thanks.

Besides that, if I'm traveling from Prague to Munich, then planning to take a return train between Munich and Fussen, then going back from Munich to Prague, is there anything like a regional ticket which I can buy to save some money? Thanks=)

Flying Lawyer Jun 23, 2012 4:38 pm

If you want just the regular tourist locations, Innenraum is ok. For the Airport, you need Gesamtnetz. If you wish to include Füssen, you need a Bayern-Ticket and if you want to include PRAHA, you should check Deutsche Bahn website for offers or take a bus.

Dolphinyong Jun 26, 2012 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer (Post 18808712)
If you want just the regular tourist locations, Innenraum is ok. For the Airport, you need Gesamtnetz. If you wish to include Füssen, you need a Bayern-Ticket and if you want to include PRAHA, you should check Deutsche Bahn website for offers or take a bus.

Thanks a lot. It's very useful=)

Xyzzy Jun 27, 2012 10:30 am

For travel within Munich, in my experience it is less expensive to purchase a separate ticket from the airport to downtown and then an Innenraum ticket to get around. You sh:)uld check on that, as almost of your trip is likely to be spent well within the Innenraum travel zone.

lightangel Jun 27, 2012 10:45 am

thanks for the tips. I'm traveling to Munich next week. Very helpful

ksu Jul 4, 2012 2:25 pm

Day Ticket including the airport is cheaper than single plus downtown day ticket

Originally Posted by Xyzzy (Post 18830054)
For travel within Munich, in my experience it is less expensive to purchase a separate ticket from the airport to downtown and then an Innenraum ticket to get around. You sh:)uld check on that, as almost of your trip is likely to be spent well within the Innenraum travel zone.

This information is not correct, except when buying weekly (or longer validity) tickets. There is a three-day variety available, but only for downtown, which costs Euros 13,80.

A single S-Bahn ticket from the airport to downtown costs 10 Euros (9,60 if bought with CC). A dayticket for Gesamtnetz (including the airport) is 11 Euros. The cheapest and most convenient variety for most people would be to buy a Gesamtnetz Tageskarte for the arrival and departure days, and one-day Tageskarten for the day in between (or a three-day if staying long enough)

Xyzzy Jul 5, 2012 7:05 am

Thanks for the correcti:eek:n/clarification!