Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

DUS: Anyone Familiar With the Windsor Hotel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2012, 7:34 am
Original Poster

I am going to be in Düsseldorf for two nights in July. I am thinking of staying at The Windsor Hotel, Grafenberger Allee 36, 40237 Düsseldorf. It's gotten very good reviews. Rate is fabulous. I'm just not sure about the location. I am very unfamilar with Düsseldorf so have no idea about the neighborhood. Guides describe it as being in a "suburb" although it looks to be rather close to city center.

It seems convenient. I'll be coming from Essen and, if I am correct the S-Bahn will take me to a station directly in from of the hotel. I'm honestly just not sure.

The other hotel I am considering is the Steigenberger.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 9:15 am

Steigenberger is 5* and about 160€/night (single), Windsor is 4* and 80€/night (single). You are correct concerning location. Windsor is just next to S-Bahn (suburban transit) rail station Düsseldorf-Werhahn, about 2 minutes to walk.

Walking distance from Windsor to old town (claims to be the largest pub in the world) is about a mile, same distance to the Königsallee. Local public transportation (tram) is frequently running until late night. Steigenberger would be right on the spot.

Next to Steigenberger there is a huge subway construction site.

If budget is an issue, go for the Windsor.

Enjoy your time here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.