Reload this Page >

Munich MUC Airport Opens New Lounge

Old Aug 13, 11, 9:17 am
mag
Original Poster

Programs: LH M&M, FTL / *S

A few days ago, I had the opportunity to walk through the new MUC airport VIP lounge. This lounge is called "VIP Wing" and is run by the airport "corp" (called Flughafen München GmbH), so it does not have association with any airline.
One can access the lounge for departures, arrivals or transfers at different fees. I do not have the actual prices list at hand, but I think the dep / arr services are at around 280 EUR per pax; transfers are around 350 EUR.
The dep service includes full check-in for any airline, security check and passport control. You are driven to the aircraft in a limousine (or actually picked up).
The lounge itself looks stunning (of course, a matter of taste.). Very light colours, white, wood, a few colourful chairs. The lounge is divided in multiple "sections" for eating, relaxing, watching TV, has work bays for your own laptop work. I saw any magazine on the rack you can imagine and a fully stocked bar with light snacks; I also saw a sign that you can order lunch / dinner, but I do not know the details. The lounge also has a nice separated smoking bar. In the near future, it will also feature an outdoor beergarden area.
You can also book (with a surcharge fee) several different private rooms. One seems to be more for relaxing / watching TV, with nice leather chairs / lounge sofa. One has a day bed and a bathroom, one is a fully fledged conference room that might seat 15 pax.

For the ones familiar with MUC, the VIP Wing is located at the far end of Terminal 1 (I guess left of Module E) and used to be a active gate area, now changed into the lounge.

From my personal pov, this lounge definitely offers a different atmosphere to the Star Alliance lounges you typically see. While I do not know the LH HON service or first class lounges / (terminal at FRA), I could imagine this beeing on par or above, but I reckon it is more private. I had a chat with one of the staff and they explained that some guests are VIP (like pop star / politicians) and others are high net worth individuals who don't like the hustle of the public terminal or do not care about airline miles / services.

Please keep in mind that this info is just top of mind, what I have seen, and is by no means complete. Just a very short trip report...
Old Aug 13, 11, 6:48 pm

.... and it's not a joke

Here is the link : Munich airport VIP WING lounge

Do people at MUC use prohibited colombian stuff

Basic price for 1 person : 290 € + 19% tax . Additional person : 140 € + tax.
limited to 3 hours ! If your flight is delayed, then it will cost you 60 € + tax more per hour, per person ...
Private lounges from 190 € + tax the first hour.

All this with 72 hour in advance booking ... don't forget to cancel, else there is a 100% noshow fee, etc.

Good news : internet is free !

Last edited by ahrz; Aug 13, 11 at 7:18 pm
Old Aug 14, 11, 12:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You will be surprised how popular the VIP services at MUC are. Paying a little extra for avoiding the crowds is certainly common. And yes, they don't hang about for hours maximising.

The meeting room(s) will surely see some traffic, the Regus and the conference center in the MAC are always well booked.

Search this Thread