Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting time from Hannover airport to Hannover hbf

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2011, 4:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Connecting time from Hannover airport to Hannover hbf

I am arriving from London (US Passport) to Hannover airport at 22:40 and I am seeing the last S-bahn train leaving from airport to Hannover hbf at 23:06. I need to make a connection to my next destination from Hannover hbf at 23:50. Is it doable? or will it take long time to clear custom/immigration? I am not carrying any check-in bags, just a carry on. I am using Germanwings as a carrier.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
It's a crap shoot.

The S-bahn will run on time .... we know that!

But, can you be certain that the flight will arrive on time? Will the luggage come out in a timely manner? Will immigrations have one channel open .... or will several agents be working that late at night? Will your flight be empty (thus maybe 15-20-25 pax trying to get thru immigrations) or will there be 125 pax and you got stuck at the back of the plane and thus one of the last ones coming thru immigrations?

See, too many questions. I know I am conservative when allowing for mis-steps in my travel plans .... I would not allow 26 minutes from STA to the S-bahn station in time for the S-bahn to leave.

You might make it .... but you probably won't ... even at such a small airport and that late at night.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 12:48 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
London is the problem not Hannover. If the plane lands on time, then you will make it 90% of the time with no checked bag. German arrivals are like that, even in FRA, very efficient. But flights from LHR are never on time, somewhat better from LGW or STN. You always have taxis as a backup, so not a bad plan.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 11:47 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kevinsac
It's a crap shoot.

The S-bahn will run on time .... we know that!

But, can you be certain that the flight will arrive on time? Will the luggage come out in a timely manner? Will immigrations have one channel open .... or will several agents be working that late at night? Will your flight be empty (thus maybe 15-20-25 pax trying to get thru immigrations) or will there be 125 pax and you got stuck at the back of the plane and thus one of the last ones coming thru immigrations?

See, too many questions. I know I am conservative when allowing for mis-steps in my travel plans .... I would not allow 26 minutes from STA to the S-bahn station in time for the S-bahn to leave.

You might make it .... but you probably won't ... even at such a small airport and that late at night.
Man, you are scaring me to death hopefully I will be able to make it, I just need flight to be on time as I am coming from STN airport so most likely flight will make it. Otherwise Taxis are always available.

Thanks
Old Mar 2, 2011, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Not trying to scare you .... but want you to see it realistically.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 3:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Just reporting my experience, I was able to make the connections at Hannover hbf (thanks for my on time flight) and German Immigration and Customs was breeze!
Old Mar 23, 2011, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
You see - zis is Dscherman effischency
Old Apr 19, 2011, 12:07 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by nadir576
Just reporting my experience, I was able to make the connections at Hannover hbf (thanks for my on time flight) and German Immigration and Customs was breeze!
HAJ actually is quite an efficient airport. The only time they struggle is if too many planes (=2) arrive at the same time which slows down the baggage handling speed. Otherwise its a piece of cake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.