free parking in Düsseldorf

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2011, 10:50 am
DTS
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
free parking in Düsseldorf

Hi guys!
I have a question regarding parking in Düsseldorf. I usually take the RE from Bonn Hbf to DUS, it's free for me as I have a students NRW semester ticket.
But the problem is that very early in the morning the RE is not operating last RE to Bonn leaves DUS at 19.50h. I'm planning a trip ex-DUS on the Pentecost weekend, I need to be at DUS on Saturday around 6.30h and would return on Monday around 20h.

So, I thought I drive to Düsseldorf, park my car and use public transportation (free for me) to get to the airport. Is there an area close to a Bus/S-Bahn/Strassenbahn station where I could park for free for the whole three days (Sat/Sun/Mon)?

Thanks!!!
Old Apr 17, 2011, 4:17 am

Programs: LH, HH, PC
I stayed a few times at the Airport Holiday Inn in Ratingen on weekends and there is plenty of free parking space around the hotel. The bus stop "Broichhofstr." has a direct bus link to DUS Fernbahnhof.

Originally Posted by DTS
last RE to Bonn leaves DUS at 19.50h.
C'mon, changing trains in Cologne doesn't hurt so much
Old Apr 17, 2011, 6:46 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
You could also take the detour via Cologne and Aachen, especially on a night from Friday to Saturday. Take the second last train to Aachen from Cologne (leaving shortly after 1am), you'll arrive in Aachen at 2:09am, then change onto RE4 leaving Aachen at 2:53am and you'll be in DUS Terminal S around half past 5 in the morning. But I think there will be more connections betweeen Cologne and Düsseldorf in the middle of the night (although I must admit that the late-night connections between those two towns aren't really good, even on weekends).
Old Apr 17, 2011, 8:15 am
DTS
Original Poster

hann, that sounds like an option. Thank you!

bruce80, the reason why I was asking: The RE takes a little over an hour and I wanted to take the car to be nearly as fast and because I didn't want to get up at 1.00h to be at the airport on time:-)
Old Apr 18, 2011, 1:26 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Well, it's a shame that the RE 5 from Bonn to DUS is quicker than the RE 4 from Aachen to DUS... today, I need to take the 3:13pm train to be there at 5pm... by car, I've made it to Düsseldorf (town center) in about 40 minutes... well, I must admit, I was driving like a madman then... :/
Old Apr 23, 2011, 3:25 am

Programs: BMI Gold, KL/AF Gold, IC Ambassador
In DUS you can park your car in the industrial area "Tiefenbroicher Weg"
Unfortunately it is an no-parking zone, but only on fridays from 4 to 6 pm.
So saturday till monday is no problem! When you park your car there you have to walk 5-10 min to the airport railway station. From there you take the Skytrain to the terminal.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 12:59 pm
DTS
Original Poster

That sounds very good. Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.