Wiki Posts
Search

5-6 hrs at Frankfurt Airport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2011, 9:55 am
dcd
Original Poster

5-6 hrs at Frankfurt Airport

For a 5P flight from Frankfurt to US, can we check luggage at 11A, and have enough time to take taxi for a quick tour? If so, what time should we be back if our luggage is already checked in ... 1.5 hrs or more?

We would have another flight into Frankfurt at 10A that same day.

Thanks
Old Mar 3, 2011, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Yes, you can. And you even can take the S-Bahn which is cheaper, quicker and will make you more familiar with Frankfurt directly to Hauptwache into the heart of the city. 12 minutes.... 1 1/2 hour is certainly sufficient. I normally arrive one our ahead of my flight and still need to check in. However, what you can do is a search. You are not the first member to ask these questions.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 2:42 pm

Does it make sense to get into town if I arrive at 4pm (from IST) and have a flight to SIN at 10:10pm?

Are the stores open?

I'm with 2 kids (4 & 6 yrs old), any suggestions or is it just roaming around/shopping?
Old Mar 6, 2011, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FFSaver
Does it make sense to get into town if I arrive at 4pm (from IST) and have a flight to SIN at 10:10pm?

Are the stores open?

I'm with 2 kids (4 & 6 yrs old), any suggestions or is it just roaming around/shopping?
Sure, take S8/9 in the direction of Hanau and get off at Hauptwache. Shops are open till 8pm (closed on Sunday).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.