Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Location of LH Worldshop at MUC?

Old Nov 15, 10, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

I assume that Lufthansa's Worldshop is on the air-side of security, in terminal 2/level 4. Can someone confirm? I have a trip with a couple of hr layover in MUC, and would like to visit the shop.

thx
Old Nov 16, 10, 1:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No its landside near the checkin desks.

http://www.worldshop.eu/worldshop/pa...ets/detail.jsf

Security in MUC T2 in easy and painless, no problems should arise when you want to go landside for a look at the store.
Old Nov 16, 10, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I have 2 1/2 hrs to pass between flights. I'll have plenty of time to finally see the airport. I've been through there many times, but never had more than 45 min. between connections.
Old Nov 17, 10, 1:39 pm

Don't know if you need Worldshop specifically but there are two newish shops as well, one across from the Edeka by luggage claim which sells decent branded merchandise, and the other in the central shopping area.
Old Nov 17, 10, 1:40 pm

And make sure you get the tax refund check issued, that gives about 12% cash back
Old Nov 17, 10, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
And make sure you get the tax refund check issued, that gives about 12% cash back
thats a given!! not leaving any euro's behind to help ireland!
Old Nov 17, 10, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by exbayern View Post
Don't know if you need Worldshop specifically but there are two newish shops as well, one across from the Edeka by luggage claim which sells decent branded merchandise, and the other in the central shopping area.
Thanks for the advice, I'll look there too. I'm looking forward to the 3 hr layover to finally enjoy the airport. I'm interested in getting an LH branded carry on roller to match my laptop case.
Old Nov 17, 10, 6:42 pm

It's definitely a great airport for shopping and dining (or even just to stock up on groceries with two Edeka shops)

The newish luggage shop in the central shopping area is I believe the same company as airside, while the other one has some brand names such as Samsonite.

Have fun!
Old Nov 23, 10, 9:42 am

Don't forget that airline/airport employees get about 10% off everywhere, especially the eateries with no serious verification. So if you have some sort of ID that looks in that direction (APL etc), use it!
Old Nov 23, 10, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Don't forget that airline/airport employees get about 10% off everywhere, especially the eateries with no serious verification. So if you have some sort of ID that looks in that direction (APL etc), use it!
unfortunately I dont have access to that discount.....Nice perk for the folks that work there though.

I dont think I can pass as an employee speaking broken German and showing a US passport as employee verification.......

Last edited by LufthansaFlyer; Nov 23, 10 at 1:59 pm

Search this Thread