Community
Wiki Posts
Search

where to meet up after arriving at FRA on different UA flights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2010, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

where to meet up after arriving at FRA on different UA flights

Anyone have a good suggestion for a place to meet at FRA? My father and brother arrive from IAD, and me from SFO within an hour of each other (between 9-10am- i'm on flight 900, they are on 952). Of course who knows what will actually happen with arrival times. Would like to set up a place to meet if possible. We should both be arriving at concourse A.
Should we meet after security or before? Any thoughts welcome.

P.S. Won't be able to call each other because i'm planning to buy a sim card for my phone after i get there...
I do have an RCC membership, but don't think they could meet me there without me, and my flight arrives after theirs..)
Old Aug 4, 2010, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
You could pick one of the Senator lounges..even if they can't get in at least those are something that should be easily located and they could just find a spot nearby to wait. There is no longer a RCC at FRA.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 2:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
from googling "frankfurt airport meeting place" http://www.ricksteves.com/graffiti/h...t-airport.html

look at the FRA airport website and find the meeting spots and pick one.
You won't be able to meet at the RCC as it no longer exists.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
If you don't have a connecting flight... how about Starbucks outside security? Comfy seats (though usually pretty crowded)
Old Aug 4, 2010, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA
Is Frankfurt your final destination or you are continuing on ? Do you have luggage checked in ?
If Frankfurt is final and you have luggage just have them wait outside customs. There is a meeting point, not a very nice area but they can have a coffee first upstairs and then come back down after your flight arrives.
Do you all have cell phones that work in Europe so you could text them after you landed ?
Old Aug 4, 2010, 4:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I would just pick a gate and meet there ... maybe in the middle ... A isn't really that long of a concourse.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
If your family is flying F or C, they might be able to get into LH Welcome Lounge in Concourse B and wait for you there.

LH Welcome Lounge

Concourse B has a designated meeting area after clearing custom. But it has no comfortable chairs while waiting.

Meeting Area

My recommendation is this area, also in Concourse B. This has been my designated meeting area with friends in the past. I took these pictures just for this purpose to show them ahead of time where to meet.

Last edited by CAPT Tee; Aug 4, 2010 at 7:47 pm
Old Aug 5, 2010, 10:27 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by CAPT Tee
If your family is flying F or C, they might be able to get into LH Welcome Lounge in Concourse B and wait for you there.
As far as I know the LH Welcome Lounge is only for people flying on LH Business or Firstclass tickets as well as Senators on LH metal. *Gold members not flying LH Business or First have no admittance as have people flying C or F on *Alliance partner airlines. Only exception is CO.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 10:57 am
Original Poster

to complicate things, i am flying C and not checking bags. My dad and brother are flying coach and will be checking....

I will check the Rick Steves link for meeting places. Thanks.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
The lobby of the Sheraton Frankfurt (reached directly from Terminal 1 via skybridge) is another alternative rendezvous place:

Old Aug 6, 2010, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by caspritz78
As far as I know the LH Welcome Lounge is only for people flying on LH Business or Firstclass tickets as well as Senators on LH metal. *Gold members not flying LH Business or First have no admittance as have people flying C or F on *Alliance partner airlines. Only exception is CO.
I have not tried it myslef. But according to this post, the rule has changed to allow UA F & C pax into the Welcome Lounge.

P.S. Found this on LH Lounge variations and access website.

Additional regulations:
Passengers of United Airlines (First and Business Class and Global Services cardholders) and Continental Airlines (Business Class) are entitled to use the Welcome Lounge on landing at Frankfurt.

Last edited by CAPT Tee; Aug 6, 2010 at 7:34 pm
Old Aug 6, 2010, 12:30 pm

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Okay, UA has been added to teh exceptions. Good to know. But still *G (besides Global Services holders) are not allwoed into the welcome lounge if they don't have a business or first class ticket.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

thanks!

thank you for those pics, Capt Tee! very helpful!
Old Oct 18, 2010, 12:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by CAPT Tee
..Additional regulations:
Passengers of United Airlines (First and Business Class and Global Services cardholders) and Continental Airlines (Business Class) are entitled to use the Welcome Lounge on landing at Frankfurt.
Excellent. Thanks for the help. UA0952 in C at the end of the week. Will definitely head for this lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.