Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Is there passport control at Tegel (TXL - Berlin)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2009, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

I've searched this forum and I found nothing and I also used Google and there seems to be conflicting info. My assumption is that there is passport control at Tegel and I've read that there is. However, TXL's website doesn't mention it and neither does the customs website for Germany. Also saw via Google where someone landed at TXL from the US several months ago and their passport was not stamped upon landing. I find that hard to believe but I don't know for sure.

Is there passport control at Tegel?
Old Oct 27, 2009, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Playboy
Of course.
If you arrive at TXL on a flight originating outside of Schengen, you will go through passport control. They may or may not stamp your passport, but that's not particularly relevant.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by soitgoes
Of course.
If you arrive at TXL on a flight originating outside of Schengen, you will go through passport control. They may or may not stamp your passport, but that's not particularly relevant.
I'll be arriving from the US. Well, I would feel better if they stamped my passport. I guess that I could request that if needed.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:56 am

I'll be arriving from the US. Well, I would feel better if they stamped my passport. I guess that I could request that if needed.
They ought to stamp your passport. If they don't, as you say, you could ask them to. Why do you want a passport stamp?
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:59 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Christopher
They ought to stamp your passport. If they don't, as you say, you could ask them to. Why do you want a passport stamp?
You should ask them to stamp it as they often reconcile arrival and departure dates on departure to see if you have overstayed.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 2:57 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Originally Posted by Markie
You should ask them to stamp it as they often reconcile arrival and departure dates on departure to see if you have overstayed.
Surely this is done by computer-ma-bob these days?
Old Oct 28, 2009, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
please continue to follow this thread in the Germany forum

regards,

chrissxb
europe forum
Old Oct 28, 2009, 4:14 am

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
I've searched this forum and I found nothing and I also used Google and there seems to be conflicting info. My assumption is that there is passport control at Tegel and I've read that there is. However, TXL's website doesn't mention it and neither does the customs website for Germany. Also saw via Google where someone landed at TXL from the US several months ago and their passport was not stamped upon landing. I find that hard to believe but I don't know for sure.

From what I recall of Tegel, the individual gate you arrive in will have the passport control desk, as opposed to a centralized passport control for the entire arrivals hall you may be used to, such as the US generally has at the larger airports. So your immigration officer will be most likely handling just your flight. I wouldn't stress over the stamp...you are being scanned into the computer, but it is nice to have one for a memento.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 1:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Miles ‘n More, Thai Royal Orchid Plus
That's correct. The passport control is at the gate, depending on the origination of your flight. Of course passengers arriving from other cities in Germany or Schengen countries are not subject to any control.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaE71-2/100.07.76; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

Not only is passport control at the gate, so is baggage clain and customs - each gate has its own small luggage carosuel
Old Nov 5, 2009, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaE71-2/100.07.76; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

Not only is passport control at the gate, so is baggage clain and customs - each gate has its own small luggage carosuel
That's good to know. I thought that I would have to go down to another level to pickup my luggage.

What terminal does flights from non Schegen countries arrive at? Tegel's website doesn't seem to provide that info.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What terminal does flights from non Schegen countries arrive at? Tegel's website doesn't seem to provide that info.
All of them (A, C, or E).

Take a look at the arrival schedule--
http://www.berlin-airport.de/EN/Reis...WB&airport=txl

It's really not a giant airport, anyway:
http://www.berlin-airport.de/EN/Reis...lplan/TXL.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.