FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gaming Loyalty Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/gaming-loyalty-programs-651/)
-   -   Harrah's Diamond Lounge Access in Atlantic City no-longer free, effective 11/10/2008 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/gaming-loyalty-programs/885517-harrahs-diamond-lounge-access-atlantic-city-no-longer-free-effective-11-10-2008-a.html)

baccarat_king Nov 5, 2008 7:09 am

Harrah's Diamond Lounge Access in Atlantic City no-longer free, effective 11/10/2008

As of Monday, November 10th there are two ways to gain access to the four AC diamond clubs:

- Earn 50 base Reward credits, then visit any kiosk and print out a same-day access pass* for you and one guest.
- Present a $10 food & beverage comp at the Diamond Club, good for you and one guest.

* good for access to the Diamond Club at the property where the 50 Base Reward Credits are earned. Pass good for one time access in a 24 hour period.
A friend received the following letter from Harrah's yesterday (I have yet to receive my copy of the letter).

IMO, especially bad, is that you can ONLY visit the DL where you are playing, if you want to use the 50 base/tier for access. :mad: This is unfortunate, as one might play a bunch at Showboat, and then take a walk up the boardwalk and want to get a quick drink (or bit to eat) at the Caesars lounge.

This really diminishes the benefit of diamond (in Atlantic City), though, it does align itself with the Trump and Borgata lounges which charge for access.

GMT II Nov 5, 2008 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by baccarat_king (Post 10644708)
A friend received the following letter from Harrah's yesterday (I have yet to receive my copy of the letter).

IMO, especially bad, is that you can ONLY visit the DL where you are playing, if you want to use the 50 base/tier for access. :mad: This is unfortunate, as one might play a bunch at Showboat, and then take a walk up the boardwalk and want to get a quick drink (or bit to eat) at the Caesars lounge.

This really diminishes the benefit of diamond (in Atlantic City), though, it does align itself with the Trump and Borgata lounges which charge for access.

I am not shocked being that the others do charge for the status lounges and being that HET isn't in fantastic financial shape. I just noticed the other day that Borgata makes you spend comps to get a Red Bull from the cocktail waitress. Has that always been the case?

kingalien Nov 6, 2008 6:46 am

It's silly to allow access to only one lounge. Day pass should be able to use anywhere otherwise what use is a "loyalty program?"

Mary2e Nov 6, 2008 7:11 am

Since I'm not up on this stuff, can you clarify what the diamond lounge is?

My parents go to a diamond "place" where they are served a limited choice meal for free. It is up on the second floor of the Showboat in AC.

While they don't use it too often, as they prefer to go elsewhere, it is a nice benefit they use from time to time.

Is this the same thing?

baccarat_king Nov 6, 2008 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e (Post 10658628)
Since I'm not up on this stuff, can you clarify what the diamond lounge is?

My parents go to a diamond "place" where they are served a limited choice meal for free. It is up on the second floor of the Showboat in AC.

While they don't use it too often, as they prefer to go elsewhere, it is a nice benefit they use from time to time.

Is this the same thing?

Yes! that lounge on the second floor of Showboat is the Diamond Lounge. Personally, the lounges at Caesars and Bally's are much nicer, as they have sweeping views of the boardwalk and ocean.

Mary2e Nov 6, 2008 1:34 pm

Oh boy, they aren't going to be happy about that one, even though $10 for 2 people isn't all that much money.

They actually haven't been using it too much because they do prefer to eat elsewhere and the few times they tried, it was packed.

Thanks for clarifying.

SFOTerry Nov 7, 2008 5:23 pm

WOW! That's really :td:

I wonder if this will spread to any other HET properties? We do enjoy our D-lounges in Reno, Tahoe, and Vegas! :)

nrr Nov 18, 2008 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by SFOTerry (Post 10680769)
WOW! That's really :td:

I wonder if this will spread to any other HET properties? We do enjoy our D-lounges in Reno, Tahoe, and Vegas! :)

To get pretzels, potato chips and dip, as is now (at least as of a month ago) the case in vegas for $10 is a bit steep. [They do have "food" in vegas for about two hours/per day--but nothing to compare with what ac offers.]
PS: Today is 11/18/08, and I have NOT (yet?) received a letter from Harrahs re diamond lounge access policy change for ac.

SFOTerry Nov 19, 2008 7:51 am

As of the beginning of this month, there were no changes in Vegas. Food offerings are not as good as AC, but no charge (yet) for entry.

The Reno DL is now closed Mon - Wed (Thu?, not sure I got that right).

baccarat_king Nov 19, 2008 10:02 am

I "might" have jumped the gun on this topic.

According to sources, this was "targeted" to those members who made Diamond (last year, to qualify for this year), but have given very little play to Harrah's in 2008.

If you didn't receive a letter, than you probably won't have to pay to enter the lounges [in AC]. I'll be in AC this weekend; and will report back.

Of course, it is going to be very "sticky" to charge some Diamond members, and not others, for entry into the Atlantic City lounges.

baccarat_king Dec 1, 2008 11:07 am

Yep, this is TARGETED towards Diamond Players that qualified in 2008, but have given very little play in 2009.

If you didn't get a letter (with regard to a charge for the AC lounges) they are still FREE to access for a Diamond Player (and a companion).

I verified this personally (last weekend), as well as a few other friends.

robandmichele Jan 8, 2009 11:06 pm

vegas was free access. visited at christmas