Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

flights to Atlantic City from Farmingdale (Republic Airport) Note

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2022, 1:21 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond

Caesars (Total Rewards) and Borgata, through Ultimate Jet Charters were running these 30 seat flights for many years, 30 minutes in the air was MUCH nicer than 2H 30M driving. A few months ago Hard Rock began flights to AC..
A week ago I received an email from Borgata that from 3/31/22 on they are suspending their flights.
TR ran a more efficient (=profitable(?)) operation: flights departed and returned 5 days per week. Thursday-Monday, planes arriving in Farmingdale from AC, took a new group back and vv, every week; Borgata ran a more limited schedule, Fri outbound with Sun return or Sat out Sun return--their flights on Fri or Sat arrived from AC empty (fuel wasting(?)).
I questioned my host at Borgata, he didn't know more than what I read in the email.
PS: Borgata is planning flights on 170 seat planes via Suncoast from several cities to AC, but none of the listed cities are near LI/NYC
Old Mar 11, 2022, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by nrr
Caesars (Total Rewards) and Borgata, through Ultimate Jet Charters were running these 30 seat flights for many years, 30 minutes in the air was MUCH nicer than 2H 30M driving. A few months ago Hard Rock began flights to AC..
Slightly off topic but was the equipment used by Ultimate Jet Charters the Dornier 328JET?

Pretty obscure airplane, if so. Might be fun to book one of these just for the novelty of flying in a 328JET.

Here in the DFW market I often get junk mail offers for Caesars Rewards charter junkets to Laughlin/Bullhead City. And occasionally Tahoe too (I assume their charters land at RNO as opposed to TVL?)

Have never booked one of these (4 days in Laughlin sounds like a nasty punishment as opposed to a tempting reward) but reading the fine print of the junk mail piece implied the charter flights were operated with more mainstream aircraft.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 11:56 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Herb687
Slightly off topic but was the equipment used by Ultimate Jet Charters the Dornier 328JET?

Pretty obscure airplane, if so. Might be fun to book one of these just for the novelty of flying in a 328JET.

Here in the DFW market I often get junk mail offers for Caesars Rewards charter junkets to Laughlin/Bullhead City. And occasionally Tahoe too (I assume their charters land at RNO as opposed to TVL?)

Have never booked one of these (4 days in Laughlin sounds like a nasty punishment as opposed to a tempting reward) but reading the fine print of the junk mail piece implied the charter flights were operated with more mainstream aircraft.
Yes, mostly Dornier 328, sometimes Embraers.
It looks like the 170 seaters will run on weekdays (per info a pax on my flight this past weekend from Farmingdale provided.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.