Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Caesars Diamond with resort fee in Reno??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2021, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Just tried to make a reservation at Eldorado in Reno. I got quoted a room with a resort fee, so I asked if there was any sort of mistake since I have Diamond Plus tier, and she told me any rate that you pay for is subject to a resort fee, only comp offers waive resort fees, regardless of status? Is that seriously a thing? I can’t imagine that is actually how they’re going to do it, If i’m paying rack rate with no discounts as it is because Eldorado hasn’t updated to the caesars booking system, paying $30 for a resort fee (during covid when everything is closed) is ridiculous to me. It says “No resort fees on any hotel stay” on the Caesars website, why does Eldorado (and Reno properties in general) get special treatment???
Old Jan 19, 2021, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Have you tried booking it online instead?

Even though it's been several months since the merger, some agents may still not be familiar with the Caesars Rewards program where Diamonds don't have to pay RF. I'd HUCA or call Caesars Rewards instead of calling Eldorado directly.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by easy_money
Have you tried booking it online instead?

Even though it's been several months since the merger, some agents may still not be familiar with the Caesars Rewards program where Diamonds don't have to pay RF. I'd HUCA or call Caesars Rewards instead of calling Eldorado directly.
Yeah, she explicitly told me that I would be charged a resort fee, and that the policy at Eldorado was different. I suppose she could just not really know and has to sound confident in her answer, unfortunately the web portal for any of The ROW resorts hasn’t been updated to the same one across all other Caesars properties, so I can’t book it with any sort of rate adjustment (status based). I think my next best thing is to call Caesars Rewards, or if all else fails ask to speak to a host at Eldorado to waive the fee. Just purely out of principal paying a resort fee is dumb when you reach the status where you’re entitled to no longer pay such fees.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by rr1017
It says “No resort fees on any hotel stay” on the Caesars website, why does Eldorado (and Reno properties in general) get special treatment???
Maybe they have not make the adjustments yet, given the merger was about 6 months ago?
Old Jan 19, 2021, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by garykung
Maybe they have not make the adjustments yet, given the merger was about 6 months ago?
It could be, but even then as a temporary solution I'd like to have a "discount" for the room rate that is equivalent to the resort fee + tax. I reserved at Peppermill because even paying their resort fee is cheaper than Eldorado.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 1:11 am

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Originally Posted by rr1017
Yeah, she explicitly told me that I would be charged a resort fee, and that the policy at Eldorado was different. I suppose she could just not really know and has to sound confident in her answer, unfortunately the web portal for any of The ROW resorts hasn’t been updated to the same one across all other Caesars properties, so I can’t book it with any sort of rate adjustment (status based). I think my next best thing is to call Caesars Rewards, or if all else fails ask to speak to a host at Eldorado to waive the fee. Just purely out of principal paying a resort fee is dumb when you reach the status where you’re entitled to no longer pay such fees.
True. Since you're Diamond+, assume you have a host already at your local property, or in LV. You can always ask your host to book for you. Even though they can't book it directly, they can put a request in or put you in touch with one there. I sometimes have my LV host book other properties for me that are not in LV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.