MLife Platinum Cruise

Old Apr 3, 18, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

MLife Platinum Cruise

Has anyone had any recent experiences redeeming the annual complementary Royal Caribbean cruise for platinum card holders?

I should be earning Mlife platinum in the next month or two and will have approximately $140k coin-in through the slots when I do so. I know it says the cruise offer is based on play, so, will that be enough to trigger a free cruise?

Any comparables between coin in / cruise offers will be greatly appreciated. Iíll let everyone know what I get offered once I qualify.
Old Apr 3, 18, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA Meltdown Gold, OZ♦+ (flying BR/UA), WoH♦, HH♦. Gaming: Mlife Noir, TR7*
Even plats who qualify purely through spend get the cruise benefit, so you'll definitely get some free cruise or credit option.

The quality/duration of the free cruise or amount of credit is supposed to be based on play (e.g., the mlife website mentions either a $375 or $750 credit), but a friend of mine who earned plat purely through spend still got a $600 credit.
Old Apr 5, 18, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Good to know. Thank you very much gengar. A $600 credit is on the top end of what I was expecting, so I'm happy to hear it.
Old Apr 7, 18, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
I think the credit only comes into play if you don't take one of the "qualifying" cruises.

https://www.mgmresorts.com/en/mlife-...y-cruises.html

Qualifying Platinum Members receive one (1) cruise for two per year in an Oceanview Stateroom consisting of a 3, 4, or 5 night Bahamas or Caribbean cruise on Royal Caribbean or Celebrity Cruises. The length of the cruise benefit is based on recent MGM Resorts spend and gaming play. NOIR Members receive one (1) cruise for two per year in a Balcony Stateroom consisting of a 7 Night Caribbean or Bermuda cruise on Royal Caribbean or 7 Night Caribbean, Europe, Alaska or Bermuda cruise on Celebrity Cruises.
i.e. if you instead want to apply your benefit to a cruise whose destination or length does not fit the above description, then you get a dollar amount credit in lieu of the free cruise. (Or, I guess, if you are a Plat who only qualifies for 3 nights but want a 5-night cruise)

Aside: even though I dropped from Noir to Plat (no love for low-hold VP players unless you are a whale) there is apparently some lag time in the info exchange so I was still able to get the Noir benefit recently.
Old Apr 7, 18, 11:18 am

Programs: BA Meltdown Gold, OZ♦+ (flying BR/UA), WoH♦, HH♦. Gaming: Mlife Noir, TR7*
Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
I think the credit only comes into play if you don't take one of the "qualifying" cruises.
Yes - the benefit is the option of some free cruise or credit, as I noted.
Old Apr 10, 18, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

That's nice that you could cash in on the Noir benefit. IDK which property you frequent, but outside of Vegas they REALLY don't love low hold VP (unless you're cranking away at $5 multiplay for hours at a time_

I already have another voucher from Royal Caribbean which I was hoping I could combine up with whatever voucher I am offered through Mlife. If not, I'll just pay the difference to avoid going on another Nassau cruise.
Old Jul 10, 18, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Update:

I acheived the 200k tier credits needed last month and I called up (Celebrity) to inquire about the cruise.

At first my account did not reflect eligibility. However, Celebrity emailed over to MGM and confirmed that I qualified for a 3-night cruise or a $350 cruise credit. However, since all the 3-night cruises were booked for the year, I'll have to take the $350 credit.

On a plus side, according to the agent, I'll get one cruise this year and another cruise next year when they retier come Oct. 1, 2018 for rewards year 2019.

Search this Thread