Taj Mahal Closing Labor Day

Old Aug 3, 16, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Taj Mahal Closing Labor Day

Another one falls. Not many left!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireS...-long-41102548
Old Aug 3, 16, 7:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It sounds like the final day is more likely to be in early October, not Labor Day, due to the required 60 day notice to employees.
Old Aug 3, 16, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
It sounds like the final day is more likely to be in early October, not Labor Day, due to the required 60 day notice to employees.
True. I actually linked to a different article than I originally read. The other said Labor Day.
Old Aug 5, 16, 6:13 am

Programs: DL PM
I wonder if they could/would still close by Labor Day as long as they pay their employees for the required 60 days?

In any case, I've had in the back of my mind the idea of taking a trip to Atlantic City (never been) but it's sounding more and more like there's not a lot of reason to? I take a few trips per year to Vegas and it's a lot easier to get to from here than AC. But Vegas isn't on the ocean, either.
Old Aug 6, 16, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I've been paid in lieu of the 60 Warn Act notice.
Old Aug 6, 16, 11:50 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
I wonder if they could/would still close by Labor Day as long as they pay their employees for the required 60 days?

In any case, I've had in the back of my mind the idea of taking a trip to Atlantic City (never been) but it's sounding more and more like there's not a lot of reason to? I take a few trips per year to Vegas and it's a lot easier to get to from here than AC. But Vegas isn't on the ocean, either.
The summers aren't a bad time to visit. Been a while since I've been to AC but it was more of a seasonal destination as you can imagine. Unless you gamble or want to visit a certain part of the Jersey Shore while in the Philly area, I wouldn't visit AC.

Search this Thread