Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Question: Entertainment MLife TC & Hyatt Gold Passport

Old Feb 10, 16, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

I bought about $700 worth of show tickets for my family on mgmgrand.
At checkout, it said 700*25 TC will be earned.

I didn't see any TC posted on my account and called MLIFE. After verifying my information, they only gave me 600*25 TC because there was about $100 of fees & taxes, I argued hard and they'll talk to the supervisor and see if they can give me the remaining TC.

I also asked if I can get Hyatt GP points for this, they mentionned that since I don't have a hotel stay with them, they can't give this to me.

Questions:
1. I understand their TC policy which excludes taxes/fees, but their website STILL shows 25*total amount on mgmgrand.com on their show purchase. I should be getting this right?

2. Is it not possible to get Hyatt GP points on entertainment booking alone? I don't have a hotel stay with MGM, so I don't know how hard/easy it is to get this.

Thanks,
Old Mar 21, 16, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Euisoo Yoo View Post
I also asked if I can get Hyatt GP points for this, they mentionned that since I don't have a hotel stay with them, they can't give this to me.

Questions:
1. I understand their TC policy which excludes taxes/fees, but their website STILL shows 25*total amount on mgmgrand.com on their show purchase. I should be getting this right?

2. Is it not possible to get Hyatt GP points on entertainment booking alone? I don't have a hotel stay with MGM, so I don't know how hard/easy it is to get this.

Thanks,
1. You could argue that they owe you the difference in TC because of their website error displaying it to you that way, but don't expect them to cave, even if they admit the website is wrong. Official policy is only to earn TC on accommodation, food, and entertainment exclusive of tax & fees.

2. You can only earn Hyatt GP on the above types of qualifying charges if you charge them to your room folio during your stay at an MGM hotel.

Search this Thread