Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

[Total Rewards] What's With the Free Room Offers Never Working?

Old Aug 26, 15, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold

I've got a bunch of "Stay with us for up to 3 nights and we'll give you [food/gambling credit/show tickets] offers on my TR account (Diamond). Every time I go to book one, it says the code is not valid for the time period specified. I'm very closely following the time periods on the offers, and I'm making sure the nights fall in Sun-Thurs, as the offers say. I can't get a single offer to show me an available room online.

What gives with this? I always get the offer unavailable message, then I have comped rooms without an offer... But I'd like to grab a $75 food credit or something else with my booking.

Is there a trick to actually being able to book these? Should I be calling in?

EDIT: Apologies for not specifying Total Rewards in the subject line. This isn't my home forum, and I forgot it wasn't a TR-Specific forum. Mods feel free to edit.
Old Aug 26, 15, 12:41 pm

Programs: Spire Amb IHG, HH Gold, TR Diamond, Mlife Plat, National Exec, Avis Pref Plus
I would probably call in and talk to a live person. TR is buggy sometimes.
Old Aug 27, 15, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL
I would definitely call. More times than not I can't get an offer to work. Can be infuriating.
Old Sep 3, 15, 9:01 pm

Are you using "Exact Dates" or the "Offer Calendar" when you check availability?

Search this Thread