Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Venetian Palazzo Grazie question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs down Venetian Palazzo Grazie question

Hi all, Just came back from the grazie event at the Venetian and I am very disappointed to say the least. They had hardly any products and what little they did have was priced very high as far as points. I am not a big player but the couple we went with are at platinum level players and they were so disgusted that they walked out of the room after turning in their players cards to one of the staff telling her they would never be back (she just said thanks and walked off).

This was my first grazie but I was told this was a good event in the past. So can anyone chime in on this reward program or suggest one that is worth our play? We go to Vegas about 4-5 times a year usually with friends and play slots.

Thanks
Old Jul 18, 2014, 9:41 am

hey Cole

i share your sentiments, I was a Grazie player too but got ignored for ages. No comp rooms, free play etc.

I then stopped playing there, returned to them to play some small time video poker and now receive 3 night comp offers, $100 free play etc. Insulting imo.

I play at MLife properties now and am treated well. I am a fairly small time player, $50 a hand for 3 hrs at Pai Gow Poker and get around $300 off my bill each visit. I do play some VP and $5 slots, but only a couple thousand coin in.

What's your level of play? What games etc.

I would suggest if you do want to play at MLife, that you get a Hyatt credit card (free for the first year), which comes with automatic Hyatt Platinum status. You can status match to MLife Gold for free, which does give you increased comps. I personally was Hyatt Diamond so I matched to MLife Platinum, but then I got the 200,000 points on my own to renew fairly easily. you do get some nice discounts in their stores etc and also 30% more comp points.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Keep in mind that comps with mLife tend to be harder than the Venetian/Palazzo. I never played at V/P so I can't share my own experiences but I heard that they're more generous with comps than mLife properties, specifically Aria and Bellagio.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 8:50 am

Just because they had Platinum status doesn't mean they had accumulated enough points to redeem for anything they thought worthwhile. We are at gold level.

We got a comp'd room (up to 3 nights) with slot or gaming credit to attend. Went to the summer Grazie gift event last week and redeemed our accumulated points for $125 in best buy gift cards. The points are also rolled over to the winter grazie gift event so any points you earn between the summer and winter events are combined. You use them or loose them before the end of the year. We have attended the last few years and it has been the same since we've been going. There's thousands of items, small items ranging from knick-nak type stuff for as little as 750 pts, all kinds of gift cards in varying denominations, to motorcycles and vacations for over a million pts.

We expect to get an invite for the winter Grazie as well. We think its somthing fun to do. We get a free stay and gaming credit, and an opportunity to use accumulated points based on play and money spent at the resort charged to the room. It's free, what is wrong with that?

Last edited by wetsand; Jul 20, 2014 at 8:57 am Reason: grammer
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Keep in mind that comps with mLife tend to be harder than the Venetian/Palazzo. I never played at V/P so I can't share my own experiences but I heard that they're more generous with comps than mLife properties, specifically Aria and Bellagio.
This has not been my experience at all actually. When I talk about comps, I am not just referring to the dollar value you receive as freeplay or slot credits, I am referring to the amount you get knocked off your bill before you check out.
I never got anything from V/P, but I always got very generous amounts off Mirage and MGM Grand.
just my 2 cents.

edited to add: I have no experience with Aria and Bellagio, but I suppose that would make sense given their richer clientele .
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:52 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rymetymeuk
This has not been my experience at all actually. When I talk about comps, I am not just referring to the dollar value you receive as freeplay or slot credits, I am referring to the amount you get knocked off your bill before you check out.
I never got anything from V/P, but I always got very generous amounts off Mirage and MGM Grand.
just my 2 cents.

edited to add: I have no experience with Aria and Bellagio, but I suppose that would make sense given their richer clientele .
Whenever I talk about comps I talk about comped rooms, free play, and resort credit. Backend comps are based off play at the end of the stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.