Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2018, 2:42 pm

FC updated the info on their site for Total Rewards, which makes me think talks are going well. We'll find out soon enough, either way.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Harry Lyme
FC updated the info on their site for Total Rewards, which makes me think talks are going well. We'll find out soon enough, either way.
Seems that way to me too, since they have the new 2018 lanquage and revisions to Diamond Lounge access, etc. in benefit description. Don't know why they would bother if they were planning on eliminating end of January. Hope you are correct.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: Founders Card
Originally Posted by sg4515
Seems that way to me too, since they have the new 2018 lanquage and revisions to Diamond Lounge access, etc. in benefit description. Don't know why they would bother if they were planning on eliminating end of January. Hope you are correct.
The current benefit expires on 31 Jan, so they could just be bringing the current agreement into alignment with the CET changes that took place on Jan 01. May have no bearing on negotiations for this year. I'm sure we will soon hear from the friend of a cousin of a CET employee who knows for a fact the benefit is going away, just like last year.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by james400
The current benefit expires on 31 Jan, so they could just be bringing the current agreement into alignment with the CET changes that took place on Jan 01. May have no bearing on negotiations for this year. I'm sure we will soon hear from the friend of a cousin of a CET employee who knows for a fact the benefit is going away, just like last year.
Shocked they haven't come forward yet. And I agree with you that it could be just that, but the Diamond Lounge access has been pushed back, and they could easily just remove the benefit from the site until negotiations are complete. I still tell folks not to get their hopes up. We'll know when they actually announce it.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:46 am

Looks like it renewed without all the drama from last year.

NEW for 2018: Complimentary Diamond Total Rewards® Status through Jan 2019.

and

The Fine Print

-Current upgrade valid through January 31, 2019.
-Please allow up to 3 weeks from the time you submit your request for the upgrade to process. We are unable to
Harry Lyme likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by angiez628
Looks like it renewed without all the drama from last year.

NEW for 2018: Complimentary Diamond Total Rewards® Status through Jan 2019.

and

The Fine Print

-Current upgrade valid through January 31, 2019.
-Please allow up to 3 weeks from the time you submit your request for the upgrade to process. We are unable to
Thank goodness! Also, make sure you go online (FoundersCard website) and fill out the form for renewal.

If you have requested this upgrade through FoundersCard in the past, please complete the form below to ensure your status is extended through January 31, 2019. Please Note: your account must be in good-standing in order for the upgrade to be processed.
Harry Lyme and MycroftHomes like this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Thank goodness! Also, make sure you go online (FoundersCard website) and fill out the form for renewal.
I filled out my renewal and this was part of the reply I got back...

Please note, this complimentary upgrade is exclusive to FoundersCard Members. We ask that you be discreet if referencing your status to other guests at Caesars properties, and respectful to other guests that may or may not be FoundersCard Members. Any abuse of this benefit may result in your status being revoked, and possible termination of your FoundersCard Membership.

Looks like CET might have the FC cardholders on a short leash.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott, Delta, United, AA
It's pretty awesome this is renewing! Really the best benefit of founders card! With the play requirements starting in April I thought they would find a way. I agree its really un PC to tell people how got you got diamond, some people loose alot for this benefit so you dont want them to think it's not exclusive. They earned it, that's a fair request.

With comp lounge admission till March this is great! It anyone needs a referral PM me, happy to help or answer any questions.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:47 pm

Awesome!

Last edited by ericpoker; Jan 9, 2018 at 4:08 pm Reason: none
Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime platinum elite, Hyatt explorist
Now that there is confirmation of a Caesars partnership renewal, I am ready to sign up. There were quite a few VIP Promo codes posted recently, but they all have reach the posted expiration dates. I would like to join for $295/year with no initiation fee, even if it means prepaying for two years. Please PM if you have such a valid code that I might use as a referral. Thanks in advance...
Old Jan 13, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards/AAdvantage
Seems like they renewed earlier this year
Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by james400
Looks like CET might have the FC cardholders on a short leash.
Based on some of the conversations I've heard and postings on message boards, a lot of FC cardholders have been lording their Diamond status in the faces of Diamond members that earned theirs the old fashion way. I believe that is one of the reasons, why CET decided to start charging for entry into all their Diamond lounges.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Firthient
Based on some of the conversations I've heard and postings on message boards, a lot of FC cardholders have been lording their Diamond status in the faces of Diamond members that earned theirs the old fashion way. I believe that is one of the reasons, why CET decided to start charging for entry into all their Diamond lounges.
You are fixating on one benefit of the FC card, I receive several perks for being an FC member. Hotel upgrades and discounts when I travel, a discount on my ATT business plan etc. Should someone also be upset I'm paying less for phone service than them? Or I got an upgrade at a hotel that they had to pay for? CET doesn't care about how you earn the Diamond card, just that you are visiting the resorts.

What is earning the old fashioned way? Diad? Tier matching? The quests throughout the year? Bonus tier credits? Two for one tier credits? I have a friend who got DIAD last year with a two day visit and dollar multi line VP. He was up a few hundred for the two day visit (two RF's smoothed things out). He doesn't "lord" it over me.

Also, I've had the FC card for 3 years now and spend 20 days or so a year at a CET property. In all those visits, I've never had a conversation about how someone came to become a Diamond card holder. Seems silly with all the current promotions that CET runs to worry about how someone got a particular level.
Harry Lyme likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:52 pm

CET is charging for the Diamond lounge because they can. Same with parking/resort fees and reduced pay tables at VP. AC had been charging for the Diamond lounge for years. CET is just out of bankruptcy and has to bring more money to the bottom line to satisfy investors. It's a business, not a charity.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Caesars has been charging for Diamond Lounge access in Atlantic City for years. Many feel it's a much better Diamond Lounge experience (better food&beverage offerings). Perhaps, this will bring some improvements to the Caesars Diamond Lounges (and at other locations). Perhaps.

You can easily earn enough points for some visits via the TR Credit Card. If you are only visiting a few times a year, and seldom gamble (which I know is a lot of folks); there are still ways to earn RCs (Reward Credits).
Harry Lyme likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.